PDA

View Full Version : ecu ?????????????????

preston420
23-11-2009, 18:46
hi peeps just had craig do a rebuild on my engine and when he put my ecu back inn it was really bogging out on starting it up and on the throttle ??the ecu was fine and never had aproblem with it before. now craig fitted a 1.8 16v ecu on it and its running sweet as a nut. he told me to get a new ecu so i went to see matt brown and had two well working williams 1 ecu of him and im still getting the same problem as craig did???? has any one had this problem or no wot to do. craig has suggested check the loom?> i thought would it need configuing to the engine (ie) fuel/air intake consumption?>

Brealbags
23-11-2009, 20:16
quick off the top of my head suggestion.

Maybe there are memory faults stored in the ecu which are causing it to run poorly. Can you check the ecu for faults and erase them, then reset everything by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after a few minutes.

if it ran ok before then it should be fine assuming everything is connected loom wize

preston420
24-11-2009, 14:00
craig tried my old ecu first and iv tried 2 more willy ecu's and get the same problem each time so i think i can rule the ecu being faulty does any one no where i can get a diagram of the wireing loom?>?>?>

Wobba
25-11-2009, 20:36
Is it the EPROM we are talking about here, ie the chip, or the board? If you have a 1.8 in there surely you are having running lean issues? I assume its a F7R engine...

preston420
30-11-2009, 14:26
dnt no wot it is mate. craig tried my orignal willy ecu and it wasnt working properly and he only had a 1.8 16v one and he tried that and it was running sweet. it is a willy engine as well. tried 3 willy ecu's and the same results every time, bad start up and very boggy when u put the throttle down as if theres no power ?>? and none of the ecus are chipped

Evogone
30-11-2009, 17:01
dnt no wot it is mate. craig tried my orignal willy ecu and it wasnt working properly and he only had a 1.8 16v one and he tried that and it was running sweet. it is a willy engine as well. tried 3 willy ecu's and the same results every time, bad start up and very boggy when u put the throttle down as if theres no power ?>? and none of the ecus are chipped

Use the one that works and then go for a remap....

Im sure Craig will / should have a solution for you if he rebuilt the engine.

Wobba
30-11-2009, 22:06
Maybe he put a 1.8 back in by mistake!