PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Missfire

GavinMccoull
23-11-2009, 16:47
My car has been randomy missfiring for the past couple of months and i can't figure out whats causing it :( . So far i have replaced the plugs, leads, distributor and rotor. Im thinking it must either be the coil pack or ecu. Where is the ecu located because i've heard people saying that dampness can get to them.

Cheers Gav.

stan
23-11-2009, 17:30
ECU is under the drivers side scuttle cowling...

LEIGH-ANNE
23-11-2009, 17:32
Ecu is under the bonnet where the jack is kept.

They can get damp in this sort of weather but unlikely. Check if the ecu is clamped down properly.

Easy to take out, ive done in myself before..but then i have small hands that can get into tiny places

You may even find a puddle of water in there if this is the problem as theres no drainage there iirc

:)

GavinMccoull
23-11-2009, 18:10
Aaaah thanks just had a look and its bone dry. Any idea how much money is in a new coil pack?

stan
23-11-2009, 18:33
Ive got some used/working ones £20 delivered.

Or you could get a new one from the likes of GSF.

schakal
23-11-2009, 19:45
Ive got some used/working ones £20 delivered.

Or you could get a new one from the likes of GSF.

you got pm yooo !!
TALK TO ME ! :D

cliokiz
25-11-2009, 17:40
Ecu is under the bonnet where the jack is kept.

They can get damp in this sort of weather but unlikely. Check if the ecu is clamped down properly.

Easy to take out, ive done in myself before..but then i have small hands that can get into tiny places

You may even find a puddle of water in there if this is the problem as theres no drainage there iirc

:)

There are draining holes each side of the scuttle panel otherwise it'd just fill with water and rot.