PDA

View Full Version : help needed with insurance companys....

cooper
21-11-2009, 16:02
i'm currently looking to insure the williams an was just wondering wat insurance companys every 1 else use's and do we get a discount with any insurance companys??

the insurance company i'm with now want to charge me £7 less than wat i'm paying on the my M3 with only 8 months remaining on the policy, or £1900 if i start a new policy with them. To top it off they wanna charge me £233 to cancel my policy, that consists of this months charge plus £50 cancelation fee, plus 2days usage as i started the policy on the 29th july an they didnt charge me a deposit :cry:

Danno
21-11-2009, 21:29
sounds like the typical wanky insurance company, who is it??
can you not add the willy as a second car on the same policy as the m3? other than that you could try to insure the willy on its own policy with limited milage etc, guess it depends on how much your planning on using it

cooper
21-11-2009, 22:08
the willy will be my daily driver, i'v had a couple of quotes, all of which are nearly half the price of the quote i'v had off my current insurer which is kwik fit.
i'm thinking bout staying with them untill my policy runs out so i get another years ncb an then they cant charge me if i dont want to renew with them, otherwise i'll have to pay the £233 to cancel the policy and then how ever much the deposit is on the new policy which i dont really wanna do as i havent done any christmas shopping yet :?

would still like to hear from every tho on which insurance company they are using so i can carry on getting quotes, u never kno if i get 1 cheap enough i mite just cancel my current policy.

Smokey McPot
22-11-2009, 01:03
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37671

seems daft having two threads on the same thing.

cooper
22-11-2009, 22:20
yea true, didnt see that 1. :oops:
just to round this thread off, i'v had a quote from directline which is £851 fully comp which is the lowest i'v found, thats with 2yrs ncb driving for 4 yrs and being in the motor trade, which seems to bump the price up with alot of companys.

LEIGH-ANNE
22-11-2009, 22:36
cooper thats a good price considering the rest of the quotes.

Id take it!

cooper
22-11-2009, 22:40
cooper thats a good price considering the rest of the quotes.

Id take it!

dont worry i will be sorting it tomorrow, the cheapest i had before this 1 was £1026 with adrian flux, its funny coz direct line has always refused to insure me with my previous cars :D

LEIGH-ANNE
22-11-2009, 22:47
whoooo so ur be happily driving about tmora then?......take care! :twisted:

cooper
22-11-2009, 23:03
yes i will indeed :D

cooper
25-11-2009, 21:40
just to let u kno and to share my excitment i am now insured on the williams as of 8:04pm tonite :D £851 for the year. the cheapest i'v ever paid in the 4 years i'v been driving :lol:
picture whoring will be coming ur way soon lol :D

katbloke
25-11-2009, 23:19
get older and watch it drop to 300ish fully comp :D

Wobba
26-11-2009, 00:54
Congrats! :D Watch out in this weather though!

Mark E-J
26-11-2009, 11:00
always try keith michaels and A plan after you have used the search engine for even cheaper quotes

cooper
26-11-2009, 19:55

yea dont worry bout that, always drive carefull in this weather, just cant wait for it to snow, then the fun really starts :twisted:

busterhymes
26-11-2009, 20:39

yea dont worry bout that, always drive carefull in this weather, just cant wait for it to snow, then the fun really starts :twisted:

thats a good point i forgot to mention u can light em up easy when cold had a few moments in wet lol

cooper
26-11-2009, 21:08

thats a good point i forgot to mention u can light em up easy when cold had a few moments in wet lol

yea i hav noticed lol, pulling out of the junction at my works in a rush and its just sat there spinning lol, not good wen u got a bus heading for u :?

busterhymes
26-11-2009, 21:21
oooooops :lol: dont wanna do that kyle :wink: