PDA

View Full Version : Rear torsion bars

Wobba
21-11-2009, 13:33
Is it possible to get one side slightly different so it sits at a different height? When I look at mine it sometimes seems the right is a tiny bit higher than the left...may be my imagination though.

Clio_GTT
21-11-2009, 14:31
Yep, it's splined like the driveshaft sun wheels so it can go in at a variety of places.

Wobba
21-11-2009, 15:31
Aye I realise that but lets say I have used the method where you jack up the centre of the trailing arm to get both sides the same height and then pop the bars back in...surely they would be set the same unless you put one in first then changed the height and pushed the other in?

I am sure I didn't mess with the height half way through, and both popped back in happily when I did the Williams.

I think when I get the new solid top mounts on and R888's on I'll get the suspension sorted properly and have them check the height of each side and obviously corner weights. Only way to be sure!

sideways danny
23-11-2009, 00:38
there's finite adjustment, you can only make the change of 1 spline minimum, so it's possible to get them not 100% the same. They'll only go in where there's a spline to fit into :)

Coops
23-11-2009, 16:30
i've always been convinced every clio i've had wasnt level, always look lower on the left..................then i finally removed the recess from the bumper on that side for the exhaust on the turbo, so symmetrical bumper now and the effect is gone, so i'm pretty sure its placebo casued by the exhuast/bumper recess on the left side

Wobba
01-12-2009, 15:26
i've always been convinced every clio i've had wasnt level, always look lower on the left..................then i finally removed the recess from the bumper on that side for the exhaust on the turbo, so symmetrical bumper now and the effect is gone, so i'm pretty sure its placebo casued by the exhuast/bumper recess on the left side

lol. Ok this did cross my mind. Car handles very well so I thik maybe it is an optical illusion.

manxseven
01-12-2009, 23:42
Well you don't want it level, cos when you get in your adding your weight to the drivers side which makes it level :lol: