PDA

View Full Version : Fuel leak ! help again plz

TwisT
18-07-2005, 11:22
Proped the car up on some blocks today, caught some of the dripping liquid and its fuel, not oil as i thought last nite.

None drips when still, but when the enigne is turned on it pisses out.....my mate reckons it could be a hose perished in the heat ?

The top half of the engine is dry and as far as i can see down their is no leak, but looking underneath its wet with fuel. (i have diagram pic)

I have a vid and some pics , can someone put them up for me ?

2 live
18-07-2005, 11:34
main culprit............ where the fuel pipes go between the head and the alternator pulley, theres a plastic guide that clips into the cam cover, these usually break, and the fuel pipes drop a little, causing them to rub on the alt pulley. try here first,

other place it could be is where they join the injector ral, make sure they tight here.

my moneys on the alt pulley tho

VIPERONE
18-07-2005, 14:33
get it sorted asap... Brother Bayliss will tell you so..lol

get new hose: diameter is 1/4 and its a 15min job to refit the piping.

TwisT
18-07-2005, 15:46
other place it could be is where they join the injector ral, make sure they tight here.

Thanks for the help 2live,

It was there, the end of the fuel hose to the injector rail had almost disintergrated ! when i remove the old clip.

so i cut the bad part off and fit a new clip to the injector rail, runs sweet now. Well at least this problem was only 70pence to fix :D

Gunner - do you think its worth changing the whole pipe for new then ? what happened to bro-bayliss? did he BBQ his engine bay ?

Rich
18-07-2005, 15:48
not just that he did his whole car! thats why i'm re-routeing the fuel lines when the valver engine goes in!

VIPERONE
18-07-2005, 15:56
lol he bbq his whole vehicle!

TwisT
18-07-2005, 16:13
lol he bbq his whole vehicle!

:!: :shock:

Lunner
18-07-2005, 18:18
I'm onot that task too, leaking vapour at teh mo, can smell it after the car has been running, atleast i hoep its fuel lines, gotta order some s/steel ones tomorrow and get them fitted this week and see if that sorts it