PDA

View Full Version : Right then - Debate people!!!

LEIGH-ANNE
06-11-2009, 13:55
Right im currently having 'discussions' with another member on whether Top Gun is a film for the gays....

I think it is most certainly and can quite easily say i hate the film FULL STOP

This all came from my daughter keep coming out with.....''I feel the need....the need for speed'' For like 2 days straight grrrr

Any jokes about not being satisfied in her riding around in my car and not feeling the power will end up in my bad books :twisted:

Simple....

lol :wink: :roll: :lol:

Coops
06-11-2009, 14:10
its gay as anything in bits, but epic film, wont here a word against it :P

Allan
06-11-2009, 14:16
Topgun is the win, and we had the same discusion at work a few months ago.

The women say its for the gays, but all the real men can see its a film of greatness!

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 14:36
total pants :roll: :wink:

Justin..
06-11-2009, 15:33
I've never seen it

schakal
06-11-2009, 16:28
i call im a ASW on this one !!

ohh and top gun rocks hard :wink:

16v_paddy
06-11-2009, 17:21
It's me she's epically losing this argument with :twisted:

She's lost that loving feeling :wink:

Mini meet at my place cos I've just got it on blu ray 8)

Tanks
06-11-2009, 17:42
term is 'homo erotic'. used alot these days. 300 is homo erotic cos its half naked men walking around. But then again its half naked men kicking the shit out of people.

Also people say like rugby is homo erotic cos its men 'grappling' each other. Pisses me off!

16v_paddy
06-11-2009, 18:13
Anyone that says Top Gun is gay has unresolved sexuality issues so they should deal with those 1st & STFU :wink:

MatBrown
06-11-2009, 18:22
I can't say that i've ever envisaged TopGun as a homo film, more like a bromance flick.
Oh, and the soundtrack is great at full volume!

Mat.

schakal
06-11-2009, 18:44
Anyone that says Top Gun is gay has unresolved sexuality issues so they should deal with those 1st & STFU :wink:

well said paddywan^^^

i think the correct terminology is "frustringen das zexual"
also known to cause shopping sprees ,depression and wanting to change physical appearence etc in women according to online sources :D :wink:

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 18:54

well said paddywan^^^

i think the correct terminology is "frustringen das zexual"
also known to cause shopping sprees ,depression and wanting to change physical appearence etc in women according to online sources :D :wink:

lady boys :wink: top gun is wank whether i am sexually dysfunctional or not and is based simply on the film itself and not where i put my cock :lol: :wink:

Clio_GTT
06-11-2009, 19:03
TOP GUN is the best film ever made, FACT

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 19:09
yea but based on what not on acting skills or accuracy of the story as there was no friendly fire incidents :lol: :lol:

sideways danny
06-11-2009, 19:10
It's me she's epically losing this argument with :twisted:

She's lost that loving feeling :wink:

Mini meet at my place cos I've just got it on blu ray 8)

You never close your eyes................ when you sleep in paddys tent

Top gun is epicness on a biblical scale

schakal
06-11-2009, 19:25

some say he is "tented" 24/7 :shock: :shock:

Jamie.
06-11-2009, 20:33
Lege of a film.

I've got the need, the need for speed. Owwwwwwwwwww

Coops
06-11-2009, 22:29
martin and leighanne, shot out the sky..............anyone get an inverted polaroid of it? :P

fasterthanjesus
06-11-2009, 22:31
right. your all gayers. come out of the closet ! read and learn fagboys.

-Ice Man
You two really are cowboys.

-Ice Man
I flew with your old man in an A-4 at Oriskany. You're a lot like he was. Only better and worse. He was a natural heroic son of a bitch that one.

-Charlie
Splash that sucker, yeah!

-Maverick
Holy S**t..I can't believe we're going to head to head with him.

-Goose
Maverick you big stud! Take me to bed or lose me forever.

-Charlie
Goose its time to buzz the tower!

-Goose + Maverick
Help me goose - help me - I cant reach the ejector seat handles - Clunk

-Goose and Maverick
Ice: You!...you are still dangerous....You can be my wingman anytime! Mav: Bulls*#t! you can be mine!

-Maverick and Icemen
Merlin: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? YOU'RE SLOWING DOWN! YOU'RE SLOWING DOWN!
Maverick: I"m bringing him in closer, Merlin.
Merlin: YOU'RE GONNA DO WHAT!?

-Goose
Don't screw around with me Maverick. You're a hell of an instinctive pilot. Maybe too good. I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar. I gotta do something here
-Stinger

-Goose
I'm not going to blow sunshine up your ass

fasterthanjesus
06-11-2009, 22:34
and just to confirm it, tarrantino mentions it in a film called sleep with me....

Quote:
Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the ****ing line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the ****, what the **** is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting ****ing force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they ****ing land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last ****ing line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! ****in' A, man!

LEIGH-ANNE
06-11-2009, 23:40
martin and leighanne, shot out the sky..............anyone get an inverted polaroid of it? :P

Wot u mean? lol

Coops
07-11-2009, 00:30
ffs, calling the top gun fans and she hasnt even watched it, honestly whats the world coming to :roll: :lol:

schakal
07-11-2009, 00:41
absolutely fokken PWN3D

lmfao @ lee-N :lol:

LEIGH-ANNE
07-11-2009, 01:08
ffs, calling the top gun fans and she hasnt even watched it, honestly whats the world coming to :roll: :lol:#

I think u should read my first post again! :roll:

Good effort fasterthanjesus :D

MatBrown
07-11-2009, 01:23
and just to confirm it, tarrantino mentions it in a film called sleep with me....

Quote:
Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the ****ing line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the ****, what the **** is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting ****ing force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they ****ing land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last ****ing line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! ****in' A, man!

The "Top Gun" speech in Sleep with Me actually misquotes the real Top Gun script for intended humorous effect. Although Avary's speech claims that Iceman (Val Kilmer) says, "You can ride my tail any time" to Maverick (Tom Cruise) at the end of Top Gun, the character actually tells Maverick, "You can be my wingman any time."

Mat.

Coops
07-11-2009, 01:30
ffs, calling the top gun fans and she hasnt even watched it, honestly whats the world coming to :roll: :lol:#

I think u should read my first post again! :roll:

QUICK....everyone get down shes becoming disgruntled :P

LEIGH-ANNE
07-11-2009, 01:35
Becoming even slightly unsettled means i would have sworn :wink:

ffs, calling the top gun fans and she hasnt even watched it, honestly whats the world coming to

fasterthanjesus
07-11-2009, 04:46
next you will all be saying brokeback mountain is a simple story about horses and campfires.

schakal
07-11-2009, 08:51
next you will all be saying brokeback mountain is a simple story about horses and campfires.

wasnt it ??? :shock: :shock:

busterhymes
07-11-2009, 09:00
lmao, the mark of a good film is excellent acting and an equally excellent story line nether exist borne out by the fact that this film received no awards for the actual film however it received more nominations and awards for the music in fact an oscar for the score and such scenes as where tom cruise bends over in front of tom skerrit in his crisp clean tight little shorts made me very nervous and maybe just a bit excited :wink:

raviedavie
07-11-2009, 12:24
Top Gun is an all time classic , end of story !

granted there are some dubious moments in it but who cares when you have planes , bikes , awesome soundtrack and blowing shit up !

i wouldnt care if it was brokeback flying tbh im quite happy to shout " im gonna hit the brakes , he'll fly right by " then launch myself into some full volume ....... NA NA NANA NA NA , NA NA NA NA NA NA NANA NA NA

by the way Viper is clearly the pimp :wink:

busterhymes
07-11-2009, 14:02
Top Gun is an all time classic , end of story !

granted there are some dubious moments in it but who cares when you have planes , bikes , awesome soundtrack and blowing s**t up !

i wouldnt care if it was brokeback flying tbh im quite happy to shout " im gonna hit the brakes , he'll fly right by " then launch myself into some full volume ....... NA NA NANA NA NA , NA NA NA NA NA NA NANA NA NA

well ur from kent so ur excused :wink:

Itsme
07-11-2009, 16:00
Leigh-anne shut up you have no taste at all shows kimberleigh does.
I remember your favorite film being Romeo and Juliet go and have a word with yourself in the corner :lol:

16v_paddy
07-11-2009, 17:24

Hell to the mutha fcukin yeah!!!!! Hit the brakes & he wont fly by 8)

I remember your favorite film being Romeo and Juliet go and have a word with yourself in the corner :lol:

That's you well & truly pwned madam :lol: GTF out of my thread :P

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao::rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao::rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LEIGH-ANNE
07-11-2009, 17:43

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA pmsl.

This is kimberleighs dad btw....

col
07-11-2009, 22:28
Anyway.................as some of you may know, its wolfman who REALLY gets the girl.

I love the film the music,the one liners.............and of course the americans never lose. :lol:

Just a side line,one of my american distant cousins,flew mustangs in ww2

He was a major with the 350th fs,an shot down three FW190,s in one day.

Carole Anne
11-11-2009, 13:24
Top Gun = AWESOME one of my fav films

Wanted to be a Jet Fighter pilot after seeing it or is it Fighter Jet Pilot hmmm confused :lol:

16v_paddy
11-11-2009, 19:55
Top Gun = AWESOME one of my fav films

Wanted to be a Jet Fighter pilot after seeing it or is it Fighter Jet Pilot hmmm confused :lol:

http://redriverautographs.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/topgun_800px.jpg 8)

ThRaXaIR
11-11-2009, 22:31
i like top gun, fairly decent film and never made me think i would like to dabble in a bit of boy on boy bum fun. tis a tad camp though!

Carole Anne
12-11-2009, 22:28
Thanks for that Paddster mmmm Tom is looking good there and it was all before he became a tad peculiar.

rob-legend
12-11-2009, 23:42
<3 top gun

robi1000
13-11-2009, 00:47
Ha ha ha, you guys are hilarious! BTW I thing the movie is great. 8)

LEIGH-ANNE
13-11-2009, 11:56
Wot is this world cuming too lol

Robi - keep out of this one after all ive helped u with lol :lol:

16v_paddy
13-11-2009, 13:04
http://plethorapress.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/i_win.gif

Smokey McPot
13-11-2009, 15:23
Me and about 5 friends were sat in my living room not so long ago, and after a hard Xbox session decided we'd wind down with some Top Gun. Half way through, a fag break was declared and we went outside.

Some ragamuffin kids were hanging around outside and started asking if they could have a smoke. My mate said no, and then they asked if they could come to our party. We explained there was no party and if there was, they'd have to ask their mums permission to stay out late anyway. Then they got all abusive and called us gays.

We all went back in and resumed Top Gun.

Draw your own conclusions.

Tommo
13-11-2009, 15:33
It's so sad when Goose dies... :(

schakal
13-11-2009, 16:58
Me and about 5 friends were sat in my living room not so long ago, and after a hard Xbox session decided we'd wind down with some Top Gun. Half way through, a fag break was declared and we went outside.

Some ragamuffin kids were hanging around outside and started asking if they could have a smoke. My mate said no, and then they asked if they could come to our party. We explained there was no party and if there was, they'd have to ask their mums permission to stay out late anyway. Then they got all abusive and called us gays.

We all went back in and resumed Top Gun.

Draw your own conclusions.

fair play to the kids though ,that actually sounds pretty ghey :agree:

Smokey McPot
13-11-2009, 16:59
When the volleyball scene come on, I always feel a bit, you know....funny...

16v_paddy
13-11-2009, 20:26
When the volleyball scene come on, I always feel a bit, you know....funny...

That scene is there purely as a build up to seeing kelly mcgillis in that very loose fitting shirt :droool:

col
13-11-2009, 22:57
ye but" slider" has got good pecks............wot does that imply? :shock: