PDA

View Full Version : some ignition & ecu questions !?

davidbuttigieg
30-10-2009, 18:14
A megane F7R engine uses coil packs instead of a distributor and a single coil, right ?

so does this make the ECU different to a normal williams ECU ?

and are the 16v and williams ECU the same ?

and what is the purpose of that 'key' that comes with a megane ECU ?

Wobba
30-10-2009, 20:25
Yes the Meggy HEAD uses coilpacks. Bottom end is a straight swap option using willy/valver head.

The valver/willy ECU will NOT work unless you ditch the coilpacks and have the head machined a little to the same dizzy format as the older Williams/Valver design.

You will need after market ECU or a Meggy ECU for it to work with coilpacks and a few other items unless you modify the head to suit a willy inlet manifold (ISCV, TB and wiring loom as far as I can remember).

Valver and Willy ECU's are subtly different. You can use, in theory, a valver ECU in a Williams. It will run like crap, so you need to replace the EPROM with a Willy version (Gunner or Gunner180, Starchip, Superchips etc or OE chip).

Ph2's have an immobiliser system, but to test it I stuck a Ph2 ECU in my old Ph1 valver and it worked fine.

davidbuttigieg
01-11-2009, 09:50
Yes the Meggy HEAD uses coilpacks. Bottom end is a straight swap option using willy/valver head.

The valver/willy ECU will NOT work unless you ditch the coilpacks and have the head machined a little to the same dizzy format as the older Williams/Valver design.

You will need after market ECU or a Meggy ECU for it to work with coilpacks and a few other items unless you modify the head to suit a willy inlet manifold (ISCV, TB and wiring loom as far as I can remember).

Valver and Willy ECU's are subtly different. You can use, in theory, a valver ECU in a Williams. It will run like crap, so you need to replace the EPROM with a Willy version (Gunner or Gunner180, Starchip, Superchips etc or OE chip).

Ph2's have an immobiliser system, but to test it I stuck a Ph2 ECU in my old Ph1 valver and it worked fine.

So will I have any trouble with the imobilizer if I put in a megane engine with megane loom and ECU in my valver ?

volymmannen
01-11-2009, 17:23

So will I have any trouble with the imobilizer if I put in a megane engine with megane loom and ECU in my valver ?
yes problem megane has imo ecu

davidbuttigieg
01-11-2009, 20:45

yes problem megane has imo ecu

??

richy
01-11-2009, 20:52
the meg ecu wont work without the key/reciever/decoder-fusebox etc iirc

davidbuttigieg
02-11-2009, 11:29

but could I use these from my valver ?

I am looking to buy a megane engine and the ones I am finding come with engine bay loom, ecu and ecu key. Wouldn't I work with these ?

davidbuttigieg
02-11-2009, 11:55

I am looking to buy a megane engine and the ones I am finding come with engine bay loom, ecu and ecu key. Wouldn't I work with these ?

Could you be gentle enough and tell me what would I need to put in a megane engine in my valver and make it work ??

richy
02-11-2009, 18:27

you would still need the r/f reciver/decoder unit from the meg as the keys will be coded to them, cant remember if the decoder is apart of the fusebox on the meg or not, been along time since done anything with them

richy
02-11-2009, 18:30

Could you be gentle enough and tell me what would I need to put in a megane engine in my valver and make it work ??

well as you already own a valver you can just use the meg b/e, but use your 16v flywheel/head/injectors/manifolds etc
which means you can keep the valver ecu/loom etc which tbh is alot easyier to do then messing about with the other meg stuff

stan
03-11-2009, 10:42
You could get the megane ecu immobiliser de-activated...search on google, there are companies who offer this.

davidbuttigieg
03-11-2009, 13:28
too much of a hassle..

I'll try and find myself a bottom end or a bare engine.. although its very difficult to do so from where I live. If I fail to do so I will consider modifying heavily my F7P .. bigger bore, higher compression, some good head and bottom end work along with some itb's and a stand alone unit. But thats only when I have enough €€€€€€€€€ :lol: :lol:

stan
03-11-2009, 16:42
Ive shipped an engine to Malta before, if you get stuck that is...

davidbuttigieg
05-11-2009, 23:23
Ive shipped an engine to Malta before, if you get stuck that is...

How did you do so please ? meaning, what company did you use ? and what where the prices ? if you'd remember