PDA

View Full Version : handbrake adjustment

Danno
27-10-2009, 21:18
my handbrake needs adjusting/cable renewing. could someone kindly talk me through this please ???

busterhymes
28-10-2009, 07:06
adjustment pretty straightforward i tend to apply the brakes a few times just to make sure pads settled correctly then apply the handbrake to the 4th notch on handbrake ratchet then jack car up (as reference handbrake adjuster is just below where the handbrake is in car but obviously underneath) remove exhaust heatshield think iirc 3 M6 nuts need to wiggle it round exhaust and seems to come out from one side easier than the other but easy enough to do, adjustment is easy on the adjuster rod there are two nuts one being the lock nut slack off and adjusted up till pads just start to rub on disc once done release handbrake apply brake a few times then same with handbrake reapply handbrake to 4th notch check ur happy with adjustment then lock off nuts(give the adjuster mech etc a good squirt of penetrating oil) refit heatshield and ur sorted if u find u need to change the cables for any reason stretched/seized then post and i will sort a guide for changing the cables :)

Danno
28-10-2009, 11:38
thanks 8)