PDA

View Full Version : F7P flywheel on F7R bottom end ?!

davidbuttigieg
24-10-2009, 19:47
For those who don't know me (& I bet no one knows me here :lol: ) I'm David and I'm from Malta.

I own a Valver and its about time I get some more power to my wheels..

Being impossible to find any F7R engines here, I was considering buying a complete bottom end and have it shipped here. So, here it goes.. would all my other F7P parts fit a 2.0ltr bottom end ? The one I'm looking at lacks also the flywheel.. so I'd have to work with what I have.

richy
24-10-2009, 19:54
yeah you can use the flywheel off your f7p, there the same anyway.

other then the starter motor you should be able to use pretty much most of the f7p ancillarys etc

the f7p starter motor is to fat to fit on the f7r btw, need a f7r or equiv starter motor

davidbuttigieg
24-10-2009, 20:32

other then the starter motor you should be able to use pretty much most of the f7p ancillarys etc

the f7p starter motor is to fat to fit on the f7r btw, need a f7r or equiv starter motor

but arent both the F7P & F7R engine blocks exactly the same on the outside ?

anyways if its as you say I think I might use a spare one I have taken off a Renault 5 1.7 GTX..

Laine_16v
24-10-2009, 20:39
Yeah you need an F7R starter motor

16v_paddy
24-10-2009, 21:05

anyways if its as you say I think I might use a spare one I have taken off a Renault 5 1.7 GTX..

They pretty much are apart from the bit where the starter motor goes :wink: the F7P starter is too big

richy
24-10-2009, 21:11

nope, the f7r has ribs on the back which fouls a f7p starter if you try fitting one, just need a f7r starter

davidbuttigieg
24-10-2009, 21:19
ohhh I didn't know that.. guess now I know :lol:

Anyone knows by any chance if a Renault 5 1.7 GTX or 1.4 GTT starter motor would fit an F7R ??

As said above, here in Malta its impossible to find any willy parts so if someone could confirm this to me they'd be of great help