PDA

View Full Version : Valuation Required On Williams 2

Robertio
21-10-2009, 19:19
Before I give the bodyshop the OK to relieve me of the better part of £2k figured I'd get a second opinion from the experts :wink: so what do you think I will actually get for the car if I go ahead with the respray?

Williams 2
Approx 84k miles (it is between 83 and 85, but I can't remember where)
Standard bar momo steering wheel (may well fit a standard one)
Rust dealt with and full respray
12 Months MOT
12 Months tax
New front shocks & laser alignment setup
New clutch
Car will be mechanically and cosmetically sound inside & sound - cambelt done a couple of years back, new gearbox around then, I'll even give it another oil change before selling (seen as it has done 100miles on the current stuff).

I dropped it off to the pros for paintwork as having sprayed my track/race car a couple of years back know it is something best left to those with appropriate facilities. One arch is a little rusty, the other quite bad - they are welding the not too bad one and replacing the quite bad one, generally tidying it up (some lacquer peel on the bonnet, a few stone chips, etc.) and respraying the whole car.

I could stick it up at £5k, but would it go for around that? I have no real idea, hence any input on what a close to A1 Williams will actually sell for? If it will only fetch £2.5k then there is no point as I estimate I'll be sinking £2,350 in tidying it up.

All input appreciated so I can get back to them tomorrow.

MatBrown
21-10-2009, 20:03
I think the most you could expect to get for it is £3000.
Not worth getting the respray done to sell it, only if you intend to keep it.

Mat.

talkingfish
21-10-2009, 21:22
As Mat says, a good condition Williams 2 with that mileage will fetch between £2.5-£3k, nothing more in the curent market.... so you will get zero return on getting the bodywork done...

Robertio
22-10-2009, 23:02
Thanks :) No return I can cope with, it's the throwing money away thing I am trying to avoid :lol: