PDA

View Full Version : My best from Santa Pod this weekend was.......

Coops
19-10-2009, 09:05
................ a stripped 1st gear on the first run of the night! :lol:

Ran Ronee's car though and got its personal best fo 13.6@105

Clio-Girl
19-10-2009, 11:30
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i still think i won the bet though, the cuppa was appreciated!!

Coops
19-10-2009, 13:35
alright smarty pants stop rubbing it in..........'ting' :wink:

Justin..
19-10-2009, 15:45
What was it like driving her car over yours coops?

Coops
19-10-2009, 16:34
It was a great experience, and I owe Ronee for entrusting the naples to me, forever in the girls debt now, well at least until the turbo is fixed and she can have a play out properly in it!

Its very different, well at least it feels like it should be, its a smoother power delivery and the revving right up to 8000 is frankly fantastic fun, it just keeps on pulling all the way up. the only slight gripe i had, and i think she's with me on this, is the map is not up to much in the lower revs, it bogs like mad at about 2-3.5k until the cams come on, then it goes pretty sick, but not brutal like the turbo's delivery, more mangeable and just keeps pulling strongly forever. It definately a mapping issue and with this sorted and a more respectable 60ft (think i put in a 2.54 as opposed to a 2.18 in the turbo) it should be capable of low 13's easily.

I can't say I prefer it over the turbo though, I love the brutality of the turbo's delivery, its much more of a giggle! :wink:

Justin..
19-10-2009, 17:02
Nice read! Have you ever gone up against each other?

What sort of revs does your boost start to come on, mines around late 3's to early 4's

Wobba
19-10-2009, 17:09
I miss boost :(

Coops
19-10-2009, 18:48
hits boost about 4k, max boost at 4.5 to limiter

didnt have a chance for a dice up no as as said i split my box apart on the first run!hehe

i will reserve total judgment though until Ronee's car is mapped again and picks up low down like a t/b'd one should, then it will be a whole new kettle of fish i'll warrant. this is presuming she's knd enough to let me spank her pride and joy again :oops: :lol:

talkingfish
20-10-2009, 10:20
I bet Ron's doesn't keep eating gearboxes though.... :oops: :wink:

Clio-Girl
20-10-2009, 10:35
ha ha no she doesnt only been through 3 in 2yrs so not to bad.

but even when coops ran mine he pulled the gearknob off and threw it to the back of the car, i just think hes very abusive but my car takes it like she should LOL

and coops of course you can have another go :D :D

Clio-Girl
20-10-2009, 11:06
yep forged, itb'd and stripped could go a lot lighter but i dont want to lose some comfort.

if i change the wheels, put my fibre glass bonnet on and plate the sunroof it will be better i hope!

Clio-Girl
20-10-2009, 12:06
Dan took it to KFC so he knows how it performs now as well, so just need to work on the problem areas i think and the car should be amazing, well more amazing IMO of course.

Laine_16v
20-10-2009, 13:50
Nice times not bad at all!

RS Tuning STILL not mapped your car right? oh my days :lol:

Coops
20-10-2009, 15:55
its not the terminal thats the issue, its low down, the 60ft was pants, i'm not great off the line really, but for a 13 second car you'd expect a low 2s 60ft, not 2.5 odd like i was pulling :oops: decent 60ft and its away

its a lovely car to drive though, as i said to Ronee it feels like its all working as it should, everythings smooth and fresh, needs a short shift though, then i wouldnt have to rip off the gearknob with brutal gearchanges :wink: :wink: where as mine just feels like its about to go apocolyptic at any second. :lol:

it is an amazing car and it will be more so 8)

Clio-Girl
20-10-2009, 16:03
awww coopsie flattery is everything LOL :lol:

sideways danny
20-10-2009, 21:09
Dan took it to KFC so he knows how it performs now as well, so just need to work on the problem areas i think and the car should be amazing, well more amazing IMO of course.

not bad. Fooking glad i lifted when i did, LOL

cliolord
20-10-2009, 21:51
I bet Ron's doesn't keep eating gearboxes though.... :oops: :wink:

mine has a habbit of doing that :roll: