PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried against.....

Willyhybrid
17-07-2005, 14:11
A Vauxhall Nova 2.0 16v.

My CRX got ruined by one last night, all through the gears, he ended up pulling about 2 car lengths on me by the end of a long straight road.....annoyed.....hope the clio does better. :evil:

Anyone had a run-in with one?

edde
17-07-2005, 14:34
A Vauxhall Nova 2.0 16v.

My CRX got ruined by one last night, all through the gears, he ended up pulling about 2 car lengths on me by the end of a long straight road.....annoyed.....hope the clio does better. :evil:

Anyone had a run-in with one?
Nope but I've seen a few around may mate does loads of work on them. I'd recon them to be about WIlliams quick in a stright line there 150hp stock and IK and exhaust seems to help take them to 160 or so.
Plus there normally very ligthened under 900kg's Id guess.
They run 14.5 or there abouts on the 1/4 which is about the same as normal Williams run it I think.

However if there are any bends I don't care what you say the WIlliams is a quikcer car they arn't bad Novas if there setup right but there no competition.

Willyhybrid
17-07-2005, 14:37
I want my Williams, man I'm crying like a little baby!! :(

I said to the guy last night after he'd beaten me and he was laughing, "wait till I get my next car mate", he then says "wassat den bruv", "Renault Clio Williams" and he shrugs and laughs and says "bring it on, dis nova will beat n e fin bruv"

Obviously the guy has no sense, full stop.

2 live
17-07-2005, 14:58
lol.be wary of these fukkers....i battled em for 2 years at york in me valver, and lost miserably.

the williams is a differant story tho.....but there are still 1 or 2 that can catch you out, shouldnt really have much trouble staying with 1 in a std williams, on the straights, getem into the corners and again..diffrant story lol

u also wanna watch out for tye corsa 2.0 turbos......these can fly too.but agaion.handling lets em down hehe

Willyhybrid
17-07-2005, 15:17
A friend of mine has a 1.6 Sport Corsa, piece of poo, lowered 80mm on 15s and swears he has the fastest handling FWD car ever built, looks like I may have to teach him a thing or 2 :D

BRUN
18-07-2005, 01:07
my mates got a 2.0 16v 'red top' converted Corsa GSi and i can keep up with that, its practically identical really for pace

Rudders16v
18-07-2005, 08:51
I've got a mate who's got/had quite a few 2.0 16v Novas, some standard engines, some tuned, and i honestly wouldn't expect to keep up with a tuned one, even standard would be pushing it with a Williams on a straight.

I had a race with another mate last night, but he's got a 2.0 16v with tb's, pushing just over 200bhp......... he made me look like i was in reverse!

clowo16v
18-07-2005, 10:51
I've had 2 Red topped Novas and yes the are very quick, and can be made to handle reasonably well. Both of mine were built for under a grand each, and one is now running 13.4s (stock 2 ltr with a 50bhp nitrous kit) and the other is running slower than my Valver cos the engines ****ed and the lad I sold it to won't change it.

I know a bloke down south running very low 11s for around £5k in a tuned 2ltr Nova which is cheap in anyones terms.

See ya

Matt