PDA

View Full Version : Megane 2.0 running bike bodies With IGN ECU

pick
17-10-2009, 14:00
hey guys, just put a deposit down on a megane F7R lump , gearbox, manifold, ecu and wiring loom all for £150 Bargain!!

its just had a full service new water pump all that, the guy who selling it has imobiliser problems with the megane so is breaking it,

Now im gonna tidy it up over winter ready for the summer months, now my plan is to use bike throttle bodies on it, so got a few questions, if i use the full megane engine( bottom end + head,)can i use the original clio loom and sensors, use the original 1.8 ecu, but then run a aftermarket IGN only ecu to control everything needed for the throttle bodies, or do i need to use a 2.0 ecu and aftermarket ECU, hoping running it one of these way means i dont need to machine the megane head for dizzy and can use the coilpack, and have a custom inlet made for everything to fit,
also the megane gearbox can i use this or not? tried searching about it. but 1 person says you can another says you cant, need a straight answer lol,

what aftermarket IGN ECU will be best for setting up and using TPS and stuff like that,

any help on the idea would be great guys,

breeza18
18-10-2009, 11:20
just scrap all the reno ecu and run megasquirt. controls fuel and spark nd can run off a tps. fairly cheap to, about £300 for a ready built unit

sideways danny
18-10-2009, 20:07
you need a standalone ECU to fun ignition AND fueling

Run a mile from megasquirt

pick
18-10-2009, 22:16
what ecu do people recommend for this set-up then

bbaazz-08
18-10-2009, 23:52
emerald k3 or omex

breeza18
19-10-2009, 14:36
why run a mile from megasquirt? if your hands on and doing the bike carb conversion then megsquirt isnt that hard to install. for the money nothing else comes close. emerald are great but at nearly £700 its over twice the price.