PDA

View Full Version : whats the best spark plugs and oil filter for a williams

reddy
08-10-2009, 10:33
dont know which plugs to go for.
and not sure on the oil filter as i know that some have oil pressure problems.
any help would be great.

busterhymes
08-10-2009, 11:39
champion from halfords but not cheap or renault the accuracy of the oil pressure gauge is not really to be trusted more of a guide from info i have read on here and NGK plugs good as anything and cheap sure everyone has there favourites tho :) :)

Coops
08-10-2009, 13:14
plugs are plugs and filters a filter, an f1 engine it is not :wink:

saying that i tend to use NGK plugs as i can get them in 8 heat rating, filter i just use whatever the local motorfactors get for me :lol:

MatBrown
08-10-2009, 18:20
NGK BKR6EK spark plugs.
Champion F136 Oil filter from Halfords, £7 with a trade card.

Mat.

Wolfie
09-10-2009, 21:18
Just shelled out £26 on a set of NGK iridium plugs for the willy as will be running nitrous and don't want the plugs to melt! They are coded as BKR9--, can't remember the last two digits but run 3 times cooler than standard BKR6--.

Best advice is buy what is needed for the purpose, wouldn't never shell out that much unless charging or running nitrous!! Then £26 is nothing compared to total engine strip down and rebuild, unless you have plenty of wonga that is! :)

Laine_16v
10-10-2009, 09:59
plugs are plugs and filters a filter, an f1 engine it is not :wink:

saying that i tend to use NGK plugs as i can get them in 8 heat rating, filter i just use whatever the local motorfactors get for me :lol:

Did you have to gap your plugs on the turbo?

Lee's turbo missfired quite consistently when bringing it on boost (high boost), had to gap them rom 0.7mm to 0.5mm, BCR8ES i think they are.

Wobba
17-12-2009, 00:50
NGK BKR6EK spark plugs.

Mat.

Just to say I paid £7.60 for a set of four inc postage off ebay.

Yanoo_
17-12-2009, 01:03
Now I'm using Eyquem RFC58LS3 spark plugs without any issue (genuine spark plugs).

Oil filter: Champion F136 or Purflux LS309 or Renault (Nissan)

rupertfinch
10-02-2010, 10:35
Just on the spark plug front. How many of us ever check the gap before fitting plugs? I only ask as watching that 'Young mechanic of the year' gubbins on BBC3, that was one of the things the chimps they had on that show failed to do.

I never have/do but following the programme I will be doing so in future. After all a feeler guage is a matter of pence and make you feel old skool when using it.