PDA

View Full Version : Heaterfan not working ???

jwa
30-09-2009, 16:27
Hallo ...

I have a problem with my '92 Clio 1,8 16V.

The heater fan is not working. It is not mowing at all.

What is wrong ?

Links ? ... pictures ? ... of what to do ... :)

busterhymes
30-09-2009, 17:14
have you checked fuse located under fascia on the passenger side

Ullevimay83
30-09-2009, 17:20
My money is on a burnt out connector under the scuttle panel.

wil4s1
30-09-2009, 17:57
yeah take the scuttle panel off and have a look at the plug that goes into the fan it usually loosens the connections inside and melts the plug a bit. Sometimes have to cut it out and replace or some times get lucky and can tighten the connectors by swuashing them back tighter with a very small terminal driver. Give it a wiggle first i did this and mine came back on then i took it off and tightened it up.

Chris H
01-10-2009, 10:17
What is wrong ?

its broken...

common issues other than the previous suggestions are melted connector at the heater panel itself or the rheostat has corroded

Wobba
01-10-2009, 14:34
I just replaced the entire fan and plug.

Gave me the chance to fix my wipers and clean out under the skuttle at the same time ;)

jwa
01-10-2009, 14:39
The fuses are ok .... unfortunatly.

Any pictures, what to look for ?
- "burnt out connector under the scuttle panel".
- "take the scuttle panel off and have a look at the plug that goes into the fan it usually loosens the connections inside and melts the plug a bit. Sometimes have to cut it out and replace or some times get lucky and can tighten the connectors by swuashing them back tighter with a very small terminal driver. Give it a wiggle first i did this and mine came back on then i took it off and tightened it up"

jwa
02-10-2009, 16:50
It got a new fan/motor. Now its going again .... :)