PDA

View Full Version : Renault Clio Williams for sale

busterhymes
28-09-2009, 12:33
Renault Clio Williams 2.0 16v 1993 No 0144 MOT'd till March 2010 Taxed till end of October 2009

Regrettable sale of my car mileage currently at 127,733(6 former keepers) mechanically car is in excellent shape and has been very reliable the car is complete std apart from an ITG air filter, 4th mount and a chipped ECU(gunner180,original chip available).whilst the service book is missing, all the other manuals inc the williams specific manuals and advertising brochures are present, on the plus side regarding service history there are receipts dating back to 2000 and in the time i have owned the car i have replaced numerous parts as i have been able to bring the car back upto to spec the following are parts that have been replaced/or parts i have awaiting fitting.

brand new cat back renault exhaust system c/w gasket,clamps and mounting rubbers(awaiting fitment)
4th mount fitted 127,698 miles
ITG filter fitted 121,440 miles
Titan supersyn SL 5w-40 oil and Champion filter to be changed
5 litres Renault coolant and new coolant tank to be changed
renault timing belt kit fitted 13/3/09 126,398 miles
new calipers/pads fitted front and rear inc front flexible brake pipes and complete system bled end of 2008
starter motor fitted 01/10/2008
lower ball joints fitted 07/06/2008
NGK BKR6EK plugs fitted 05/05/2007
coolant temp sensor fitted 04/06/2008
Auxilliary drive belt fitted 10/06/2008
gearbox linkage/bush etc fitted 31/01/09 gearshift stiffener kit available)
renault rear shock absorbers fitted 13/10/07
renault front dampers/gaiters fitted 26/06/07
renault clutch pedal mech fitted 01/05/07
renault clutch cable(genuine renault spare clutch cable available)and throttle cable fitted 13/06/07
renault manifold heat shield and stater motor heat shield fitted 05/06/07 mileage 122,117
aerial base fitted 05/06/07
renault dogbone fitted 02/06/07 122,000 approx
cam box cover gasket fitted 14/05/07
fuel injectors refurbed at 127,534 by SGL motors, Hull

Car running fine starts reliably and no issues with cold or hot running, performance good and compression fine for mileage uses little or no oil no handling issues but would change track rods and ends(new ones can be supplied with car), brakes exc and stop well and straight.
Gearbox fine and oil been changed no gear selection issues or other common faults associated with renault gearboxes.
interior is in exc condition no noticeable wear on seats, trims in vg cond, all electrics, clocks, gauges function as they should, welded steering column fitted original clocks packed up at 127,432 replacements fitted from my williams 3 which i have broken mileage on those was 105,450.
Exterior genearally paintwork sound and polishes up well rear arches sound some stone chips to bonnet and front bumper which i had intended to have sorted but by no means bad the bonnet has a small shallow dent just to the left of the renault badge, at the base of the passenger side 'A' pillar is some light corrosion, the rear hatch has some corrosion and again wants attending to but not beyond repair by a long way, lastly rear bumper needs replacing as a previous owner has seen fit to chop a chunk out of it to provide clearance for a big bore exhaust tailpipe, i have a spare available. Original speedline alloys in exc condition refurbed by Pristine to a very good standard front tyres(bridgestones) practically new and rears(yokohamas) ok, (the alloys are running 195/50 tyres)

I have tried to cover all the usual things that people want to know but sure i have missed some stuff but happy to answer any and all questions, i am looking at asking £2750 for the car and parts mentioned in the sales details plus a further 4 storage bins full of spares if however the parts are not required then an adjustment can be made

for a good selections of pics follow the link most of the pics are on pages 8 and 9
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/busterhymes_2006/?start=0&mediafilter=images any probs with viewing pics let me know pls :)

Imperial_16v
08-10-2009, 19:55
Hi there

Is the car still for sale? Do you have a contact number?

I used to own a Valver (the Imperial Blue one). Not sure if that is still knocking around in the club as it was about 3 years ago now.

Looking to finally move back but to a Williams if possible.

A few questions, if she is still available:-

Steering - Is there any play? Has it been welded?
Heater/Blower - Does this warm up quick or does it blow cold? (i.e. Heater Matrix)
Electrics - Do these all work? Are the Electric windows fast or slow?
Waterpump/Alternator - Have these been replaced?

Finally, is it a non-smokers car?

Thanks. :)

busterhymes
08-10-2009, 19:58
pm'd m8

16v_paddy
08-10-2009, 20:03
I used to own a Valver (the Imperial Blue one). Not sure if that is still knocking around in the club as it was about 3 years ago now.

Harry on clio16valver has got it, got mullered by an argos truck but got it fixed, took almost a year of nagging by me for him to finally get some wheel arch liners :roll: and I believe he's going down the turbo route

Imperial_16v
08-10-2009, 20:41

Harry on clio16valver has got it, got mullered by an argos truck but got it fixed, took almost a year of nagging by me for him to finally get some wheel arch liners :roll: and I believe he's going down the turbo route

Ooohh doesn't sound good. Glad it's fixed and still alive! :D

Imperial_16v
08-10-2009, 20:43
pm'd m8

Thanks for the chat Martin!

I'll give you a call tomorrow as discussed. One thing I did forget to ask, if sitting in traffic, does the fan kick in OK, etc? You've not experienced any heat issues?

Sometimes on a hot day, in traffic, I had to whack the blower on in the old Valver to keep the Engine temp down as it would kreep up to 3/4. Just wondering if you've had that issue or does it stay bang in the middle?

Thanks.

MatrixGuy
08-10-2009, 21:40
Looks very nice mate! :shock:

Sorry to hear your selling.

busterhymes
08-10-2009, 21:50

needs must, not really happy bout it either :(

MatrixGuy
09-10-2009, 12:52

why you selling mate?

LEIGH-ANNE
09-10-2009, 12:56
Is this you only williams left now martin??

busterhymes
09-10-2009, 14:13

why you selling mate?

the usual ones m8 unfortunately no job :(

busterhymes
09-10-2009, 14:17

yes duck afraid its my pride and joy but seems i might have found a good home for 0144 so thats the only consolation, but going to be sorely missed loved driving her and also the tinkering about at the weekends even though a pain at times but all part of the fun, will miss the forum too dont seem right bein on here and no williams :cry:

LEIGH-ANNE
09-10-2009, 16:42
Dont be stupid you be still on here! No need to leave!

If i had the money id buy your car off ya and sell it back to you once u had the money - hate seeing people have to go through this then realise later it was a bad mistake....

Jamie.
09-10-2009, 17:15

yes duck afraid its my pride and joy but seems i might have found a good home for 0144 so thats the only consolation, but going to be sorely missed loved driving her and also the tinkering about at the weekends even though a pain at times but all part of the fun, will miss the forum too dont seem right bein on here and no williams :cry:

Lol, behave. Me, Rihcy, Jon would all have to leave too.

busterhymes
09-10-2009, 17:44
Dont be stupid you be still on here! No need to leave!

If i had the money id buy your car off ya and sell it back to you once u had the money - hate seeing people have to go through this then realise later it was a bad mistake....

thx leanne appreciate ur comments :)

busterhymes
09-10-2009, 17:45

Lol, behave. Me, Rihcy, Jon would all have to leave too.

well looking at it that way i might just hang around :wink:

Imperial_16v
12-10-2009, 17:15
Hi Martin, hope you got my text OK. (Just sent it).

Just to say the car really is lovely and thanks for your time the other day. A car that nice will sell very quickly, so all the best. Sorry again that I'm not able to take her off your hands.

To anyone interested, the car is really really nice. Good paintwork and solid drive. Very clean inside and wheels are perfect! So don't hesitate and get in touch with this man NOW! :wink:

:)

busterhymes
12-10-2009, 18:00
ta james for the seal of approval hope it might help and good luck getting the festa supercharged :wink:

Danno
12-10-2009, 20:55
why no sale :(

busterhymes
12-10-2009, 21:25

as above on my last post m8, decided on supercharging his fiesta ST :)

Danno
13-10-2009, 21:26

as above on my last post m8, decided on supercharging his fiesta ST

it will still be a crappy fiesta though :P

busterhymes
13-10-2009, 22:54

well you have a point but he has his reasons and im fine with that and hes a good lad just lost his direction in life :lol: :lol: :wink:

Danno
14-10-2009, 13:06

well you have a point but he has his reasons and im fine with that and hes a good lad just lost his direction in life :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol:

busterhymes
14-10-2009, 18:07
update coolant tank and renault type d coolant now changed. also oil filter and oil changed

car still up for sale :(

busterhymes
17-10-2009, 18:03
bump :wink:

busterhymes
04-11-2009, 19:08
well empty spot on my drive and 0144 is on her way to Barry in welsh wales :wink: kyle the new owner will hopefully introduce himself on here hes a sound lad so make him welcome goin to miss 0144 :cry: :cry:

LEIGH-ANNE
04-11-2009, 19:26
:cry:

busterhymes
04-11-2009, 19:28
:cry:

tell me about it gutted so be needing a renault to tinker with to stop withdrawal symptoms :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
04-11-2009, 19:33
Im only at the other end of the phone martin

You no where my reno is if u want to tinker.... :wink: :roll:

busterhymes
04-11-2009, 19:41
:lol: cheeky brunette :wink:

MatrixGuy
05-11-2009, 14:20
Nooooooooo. You will miss it mate.

busterhymes
05-11-2009, 15:14
to late i do already, soon as kyle reversed it off the drive in fact :cry: :cry:

cooper
05-11-2009, 22:31
aww ur making me feel guilty now mate. dont worry tho 0144 made it to wales in 1 piece an i loved driving it for the 4 hrs that it took me to get home :D

busterhymes
05-11-2009, 23:11
nice one glad all going well :) :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
06-11-2009, 00:02
You better take care of that willy cooper! My eyes on you! :wink:

cooper
06-11-2009, 00:09
You better take care of that willy cooper! My eyes on you! :wink:

oh dont worry i will, :wink:

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 08:40
well thats u told kyle and you dont want to upset LA :wink:

PS liking your pic of the brunette look LA :)

schakal
06-11-2009, 08:45
another williams in s.wales area , RESULT !!! :D :D

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 11:10
well thought i needed to send a quality car to the area to improve the poor showing :wink:

schakal
06-11-2009, 11:52
^^^ you are clearly confused , FACT!! :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
06-11-2009, 13:46
well thought i needed to send a quality car to the area to improve the poor showing :wink:

That was just top banana! I think that deserves another gold wheel lol :lol:

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 14:30
yes pls LA and will it help if i say that i really like your new hair colour seen ur pic on msn proper little hottie you will be needing a big stick to fight em off duck :wink:

busterhymes
06-11-2009, 14:35

not confused :wink: and not sure if someone who owns a white car not even a williams should be commenting :roll: :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
06-11-2009, 15:44
yes pls LA and will it help if i say that i really like your new hair colour seen ur pic on msn proper little hottie you will be needing a big stick to fight em off duck :wink:

Yes it will help M :P

And proper LOL - No worry ill use their white stick..... :lol:

schakal
06-11-2009, 23:58

not confused :wink: and not sure if someone who owns a white car not even a williams should be commenting :roll: :wink:

i am sure someone that owns a quite rare (rare as funk tbqfh) white renault
has more say over the one that dont even own a williams :wink:
are we on the same page now ??

come back , talk to me !!! :D

Coops
07-11-2009, 00:44
ah but said white renault has been 'modded' thus rendering it obsolete ;-)

busterhymes
07-11-2009, 08:35

i am sure someone that owns a quite rare (rare as funk tbqfh) white renault
has more say over the one that dont even own a williams :wink:
are we on the same page now ??

come back , talk to me !!! :D

:lol: :lol: good point but sometimes its about the experience and as for your statement about rare isn't that another way of saying they are not popular or just that they have they all rotted to the red stuff and in the cold light of day ask the question are there masses looking to buy one errrr no, loving the banter :lol: :lol: :wink:

schakal
07-11-2009, 09:29
:lol: :lol: good point but sometimes its about the experience and as for your statement about rare isn't that another way of saying they are not popular or just that they have they all rotted to the red stuff and in the cold light of day ask the question are there masses looking to buy one errrr no, loving the banter :lol: :lol: :wink:

popular you say ??
cliosport.net is popular ,facebook is popular , gaydar is popular !!
a renault 9 on the other hand is no where near popular thank god :D
we cant all follow masses ,some of us are equipped with the concept
called "thinking outside the box" :wink:
ok , the design of the 9 might be inspired by a brick ,but heyy
thats what makes it unique especially today when all cars look like
tele tubbies .

from my experience with 9 s and 19s over 12 years now .
rot is not as big of an issue as it is on your average clio ,in fact for some
reason the older the car ,the better resistance it seem to have against rot.

banter is my butter and bread , give it to me :D

coops get lost man , you drive a 1.2 polo bread van as a daily ffs :D

busterhymes
07-11-2009, 09:55

popular you say ??
cliosport.net is popular ,facebook is popular , gaydar is popular !!
a renault 9 on the other hand is no where near popular thank god :D
we cant all follow masses ,some of us are equipped with the concept
called "thinking outside the box" :wink:
ok , the design of the 9 might be inspired by a brick ,but heyy
thats what makes it unique especially today when all cars look like
tele tubbies .

from my experience with 9 s and 19s over 12 years now .
rot is not as big of an issue as it is on your average clio ,in fact for some
reason the older the car ,the better resistance it seem to have against rot.

banter is my butter and bread , give it to me :D

coops get lost man , you drive a 1.2 polo bread van as a daily ffs :D

now dont go upsetting ben :wink: would agree to liking the idea of not following the masses surely the williams slots into that box much the same as the 9 due to its limited production run however thats where the similarities stop :wink: so as you state thinking outside the box is very apt for all who look for something a bit different and why this forum exist :wink:

schakal
07-11-2009, 11:08
now dont go upsetting ben :wink: would agree to liking the idea of not following the masses surely the williams slots into that box much the same as the 9 due to its limited production run however thats where the similarities stop :wink: so as you state thinking outside the box is very apt for all who look for something a bit different and why this forum exist :wink:

renault 9 has been in production almost 20 years though so not much
of a similarity there :wink:
its not a car designed to go fast or handle on the track either , its
a 4 door family saloon ffs :D
how much do you know about a renault 9 ?? i learned/keep learning
quite a lot about a williams as well as a lot of other renaults .

there is not much you can do to a williams to improve it ,the best
thing is to keep it as standard as possible which is what most owners
do on here and i totally agree . that is what i am trying to
do with my ph1 renault 19 16v chamade .
but lets be honest there is not much fun in that .
a renault 9 is like a lego set ,which you keep playing and
playing but those god damm bricks never go in the right position :D

busterhymes
07-11-2009, 12:03

renault 9 has been in production almost 20 years though so not much
of a similarity there :wink:
its not a car designed to go fast or handle on the track either , its
a 4 door family saloon ffs :D
how much do you know about a renault 9 ?? i learned/keep learning
quite a lot about a williams as well as a lot of other renaults .

there is not much you can do to a williams to improve it ,the best
thing is to keep it as standard as possible which is what most owners
do on here and i totally agree . that is what i am trying to
do with my ph1 renault 19 16v chamade .
but lets be honest there is not much fun in that .
a renault 9 is like a lego set ,which you keep playing and
playing but those god damm bricks never go in the right position :D

maybe you should try fuzzy felt or stickle bricks bit less technical than lego :lol: :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
07-11-2009, 13:44
**Smiles from me** :wink:

schakal
07-11-2009, 14:15
^^^^ thats what a blonde is good for :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
07-11-2009, 17:45
^^^^ thats what a blonde is good for :wink:

Very pleased this false pretense is working :lol: