PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filters

GabrielKnight
26-09-2009, 23:39
Was reading this article:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveonaCar/20waysYouWasteMoneyOnYourCar.aspx

#17 of how to waste money on your car is to not change the fuel filter every two years.

Do you agree?

Where to get such a filter and what do they cost to buy new and get fitted by a garage?

Are Williams fuel filters identical to ones from other models when searching for one?

Thanks.

speed
27-09-2009, 10:42
i change mine every 2 years or 20k miles

they are only £10 and fits in the fuel line near the tank, easy swap just a few clips

speed
27-09-2009, 10:44
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Filter-RENAULT-CLIO-2-0i-16V-93-01-96-FF308_W0QQitemZ250417353706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a4e0993ea&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1690wt_1167

cheap as chips

16v_paddy
27-09-2009, 12:56
That reminds me, I ought to change mine soon, was one of the 1st things I did when I bought the car :lol:

GabrielKnight
27-09-2009, 16:32
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Filter-RENAULT-CLIO-2-0i-16V-93-01-96-FF308_W0QQitemZ250417353706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a4e0993ea&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1690wt_1167

cheap as chips

One ordered, thanks.

Justin..
27-09-2009, 16:37
Never done mine lol

drsmith1979
29-09-2009, 05:53
Ok well i am going to be nice seeing as though i haven't been around much lately, however, the entire first page of 'Discussion' is taken up by threads made by 'GabrielKnight'....

It's great you are so enthused about your new purchase, however, 90% of what you are posting can be found with a little bit of work using the search button. Its nothing personal, its just everytime you have an impulse to ask a question its simply not good etiquette to post a new thread lol.. do some searching and if it comes back negative then ask, however, it will be there... these dudes have been around a fair while!

Coops
29-09-2009, 11:27
i've never changed a clio fuel filter, ever

runs off to buy one for el turbo in hope it will cure stupid lumpy idle :lol:

1995clio16v
29-09-2009, 13:00
i've never changed a clio fuel filter, ever

runs off to buy one for el turbo in hope it will cure stupid lumpy idle :lol:

I used to change mine regularly.

Prone to clogging up I was told by an ex renault techy. Most peeps have their own opinion on it Im sure.

Mr Smith! :lol: :lol:

DaneC
29-09-2009, 16:48
Ok well i am going to be nice seeing as though i haven't been around much lately, however, the entire first page of 'Discussion' is taken up by threads made by 'GabrielKnight'....

It's great you are so enthused about your new purchase, however, 90% of what you are posting can be found with a little bit of work using the search button. Its nothing personal, its just everytime you have an impulse to ask a question its simply not good etiquette to post a new thread lol.. do some searching and if it comes back negative then ask, however, it will be there... these dudes have been around a fair while!

I thought GabrielKnight was one of Barringtons trolling accounts?

GabrielKnight
30-09-2009, 20:53
the entire first page of 'Discussion' is taken up by threads made by 'GabrielKnight'....

Not true at all, but even if it were, are you too lazy to click the page 2 button to avoid the threads that offend you so much? If you come onto a forum at 4:53 in the morning, you're going to find a lot of yet unanswered postings made by the last poster of the night.

It's great you are so enthused about your new purchase

Who said it was a new purchase, or that I'm enthused? I've just got a service coming up shortly and need to know what to get. This is a Williams forum for asking such questions.

however, 90% of what you are posting can be found with a little bit of work using the search button.

It might not seem like I do, but I've spent a lot of time searching this site, googling and searching eBay as well as asking questions here. In many cases, answers elsewhere are confusing or conflicting. For example some people say a valver 70Amp alternator will do while others insist on a proper 90Amp one. Some people swear by pure nitrogen in wheels, others say its nonsense. I hope my threads stimulate more debate.

Its nothing personal, its just everytime you have an impulse to ask a question its simply not good etiquette to post a new thread lol..

The idea of a forum is that you discuss different subjects in different threads. My threads aren't just for myself but hopefully can be helpful to others too. I always title my threads carefully so that they will be useful in future searches. So I have no plans to start a single thread asking random questions about everything from brakes to windscreen wipers.

Finally, I don't think you should be preaching on forum 'etiquette' as your post would have been more suitable as a private message, instead of trying to get everyone else on your side.

drsmith1979
01-10-2009, 01:25
Not true at all, but even if it were, are you too lazy to click the page 2 button to avoid the threads that offend you so much? If you come onto a forum at 4:53 in the morning, you're going to find a lot of yet unanswered postings made by the last poster of the night.

If you knew anything about this forum and its regular posters you would also know that not all people are in 'GMT' timezones.

Who said it was a new purchase, or that I'm enthused? I've just got a service coming up shortly and need to know what to get. This is a Williams forum for asking such questions.

You are correct it is a Williams forum, and considering the age of the vehicles in question, is it logical to assume that 99% of issues have already been discussed or is your Williams so unique that it has problems never before seen in any service? lol

It might not seem like I do, but I've spent a lot of time searching this site, googling and searching eBay as well as asking questions here. In many cases, answers elsewhere are confusing or conflicting. For example some people say a valver 70Amp alternator will do while others insist on a proper 90Amp one. Some people swear by pure nitrogen in wheels, others say its nonsense. I hope my threads stimulate more debate.

You have used 2 recent threads as a reference, if you cared to do some research you would get a balanced idea and be able to make your own conclusion, that is the purpose of a 'forum'... it isn't dictation. Besides, if there is no information pertaining to the exact issue / conclusion, what is to say making a new one will? lol talk about flawed logic

The idea of a forum is that you discuss different subjects in different threads. My threads aren't just for myself but hopefully can be helpful to others too. I always title my threads carefully so that they will be useful in future searches. So I have no plans to start a single thread asking random questions about everything from brakes to windscreen wipers.

You make an idealogical statement pertaining to the future use of your threads, well here is Einsteins paradox in action.... if you do subscribe to the notion that the 'current' threads will be used in the future as a 'past reseach/reference' point, then what is the purpose of all the 'past' threads we now have which cover the issues you bring up in detail? Or in your universe does the timeline only start with the present?

Finally, I don't think you should be preaching on forum 'etiquette' as your post would have been more suitable as a private message, instead of trying to get everyone else on your side.

You have made the statement suggesting that a forum is a place for debate.... well my friend, if that is the case then sensorship pertaining to the context / factual description of events is something which flys in the face of these ideals. As for trying to get everyone on my side? haha.. as if this is a popularity contest?!

Wobba
01-10-2009, 07:23
Fuel filter changing is fun. Just make sure you get a clamp for the line coming from the tank...and remember to take it off afterwards hehe!

You'll need a container to catch the fuel spill, quite a bit comes out of the old filter! Don't smoke whilst doing it either, When I did it last some helpful chap with a fag in his mouth stopped to ask what I was doing and what the smell was...my hands were covered in petrol at the time and fuel was spilt under the car.

Coops
01-10-2009, 10:03
last container i used when i did the polo fuel filter was............my mobile phone :oops: :oops: