PDA

View Full Version : Picked it up, now the questions start

manxseven
23-09-2009, 20:17
:roll:

Hi Everyone,

Williams 1 (313) now tucked up in the garage :D

numpty question time, please be gentle with me :oops:

Are the wheels still available (Speedline ?)
What are the best tyres to fit (grip important not to worried about wear levels - as it is 2nd car).
Anyone fitted a rear cage (Motorsport Spec), looking into doing a few Hillclimbs (only live 15 minutes from Gurston Down Hillclimb).

Thanks,

Simon.

16v_paddy
23-09-2009, 21:17
:welcome:

Someone one here will know if the wheels are still available from renault.
What's wrong with your wheels?

As for tyres your best bet is some road legal slicks like R888's or Yokohama AO48 or something along those lines. The right compound choice needs to be made & I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that can point you in the right direction.
Plenty of folk with cages as well

Oh, lets see some pics :D

MatBrown
23-09-2009, 21:19
I think the wheels are still available but they are not cheap, someone on here might be selling a set of brand new wheels though.

Mat.

MatrixGuy
23-09-2009, 21:35
Wheels are about £850 now aren't they? something stupid anyway.

Any pics of the car mate? :)

FATBOY
23-09-2009, 21:49
u can get the wheels refurbed... normally places do it for roughly £50 a rim

manxseven
23-09-2009, 21:54
Will take some pics at the weekend, need to clean it first :oops:

Noting wrong with my wheels, just wouldn't mind a 2nd set.

£850 is that each :ooomg:

Smokey McPot
23-09-2009, 22:13
They are £272 each, plus VAT. As of 2 weeks ago.

Centre caps are separate, I forget the cost.

Jamie.
23-09-2009, 22:36
Get a decent refurb, just as good.

16v_paddy
23-09-2009, 23:41
:imwithstupidup: plus there's plenty of people selling them in various conditions

Wobba
24-09-2009, 00:01
Mine are almost perfect, refurbed at Pristine. Not cheap though was about £370 + I had them shipped back super fast at £30.

MatrixGuy
24-09-2009, 13:14
Mine are almost perfect, refurbed at Pristine. Not cheap though was about £370 + I had them shipped back super fast at £30.

Yeah, i think i will be doing that.

I was going to buy new ones but they are just ridiculously priced now.

Tommo
24-09-2009, 13:23
If my Williams was concours I'd consider new Speedlines

As for tyres, if you're planning on doing hillclimbs I don't think semi slicks are allowed (in the road going class) I may be wrong though...

drsmith1979
24-09-2009, 23:12
you can refurb the wheels yourself and get great results, there used to be a thread on it in the members section.. i've done many wheels previously the haardest thing is getting them stripped or blasted...

a place near to me in the NW does it for 10quid per wheel and high build primes, the rest is just an afternoons work.

Tires, the purests on here will swear by the 185's, but i have had just as much fun and feel with 195/50/15's, the 45's look good but give such a harsh ride that the 50's make the better option, besides they are cheap as chips!

i didn't personally like Toyo's, and was impressed by the Parada Spec C's, fairly cheap too! However, people on the track have tended to like the A539's for wear and grip, although there are some that really hate them... its such a personal thing! lol...

There are a few people on here with cages and there are a few companies that do them off the shelf as well as custom, so have a quick search!

welcome to the Willy club ;) haha

manxseven
28-09-2009, 21:23
Thanks Guys, wheels are aok on the car, just wouldn't mind a second set.
Are the ones fitted the Speedline Type 2012 (Acropoli Due)?

Would Turini (type 2120) look any good ??

What others do you Guys use?

More Questions:

What Oil Temp and Pressure should I be seeing (normal road driving)

Water Temp - once up to temp, the gauge seems to move up 2/3 little digets as if the themosat is constantly open and closing - is that right??

Thanks again in advance :D

manxseven
28-09-2009, 21:45
oh also forgot to ask,

do any of you get parts from AEP Direct ?? Just looking at their web-site and could do with some new fog lights - they say they are as orginal.

Ta,

Simon

drsmith1979
29-09-2009, 05:45
There are many options but none look as good as a clean set of speedlines, although i have to say i am quite partial to the tur-bines if you can give them a unique color and polished lip.. i did some in a superb ferrari grigio metallic titanium with a polished lip... all done in my back garden in an afternoon haha.. looked pucka though!

I think GSF were the cheapest on fogs last time i checked and i think they are still original replacements.

There are a few threads on both the oil and water temps/pressures.... the pressures can range from 1bar to 3 bar on start up and drop to 1bar or less when warm, remember the device for monitoring the pressures is not really accurate and as such it is a 'guide'. The water temp in mine never got past 3/4, the thermo kicks in just before then and keeps it down. Keep an eye on coolant as well as check when the water pump was changed last etc...