PDA

View Full Version : More cup car history !

northy
22-09-2009, 22:30
With many thanks to my new friend on this website :winkey: We have now found out a bit more history on my cup car.

Im sure you all know my car (if not check the members cars) but what i have always wanted to know is 'who raced my car back in the clio cup days?'

I found out last year that my car was raced in 1993 by Ian McIntosh by finding a copy of fast lane magazine from 1992 where my car was featured.

But this discovery has got me all excited again.

Tonight ive found that my car was indeed raced in 1991 by a ex fiesta challenge drive John Wadsworth as number 27.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/DSC00123.jpg

Check this sponsor out !

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/northy_com/DSC00124.jpg

fast lane sponsors, yellow roll cage....Hello baby! :D

This has made me very happy - next challenge is to try and trace both drivers of my car!!!

Beaniemoo
22-09-2009, 23:06
Interesting stuff must be great to find these things out as every little scratch or mark on cars like you will have an interesting story behind it and it'd be good to know them

FlamingMonkey
23-09-2009, 10:42
I dont get why your happy about Fastlane sponsorship, I must be missing summat?

How do you know this yours and not the one in the background, they look the same?

northy
23-09-2009, 12:58
hi mate, my car was sponsored by fast lane, no other was. The sticker on the bonnet just confirms it. sorry if i wasnt clear - was excited when i posted this up last night.

Also no other red car had a yellow roll cage mate, so its easy to spot. All cages were grey, red or white from looking through the video - i get easly excited rob but this is the icing on the cake for me. Might not be to everyones taste though :wink:

Tommo
23-09-2009, 13:08
I used to buy Fastlane when I was a kid, I loved that car mag... :D

Wobba
23-09-2009, 13:49
I've got some old copies. I'll dig them out and have a look :)

FlamingMonkey
23-09-2009, 14:25
hi mate, my car was sponsored by fast lane, no other was. The sticker on the bonnet just confirms it. sorry if i wasnt clear - was excited when i posted this up last night.

Also no other red car had a yellow roll cage mate, so its easy to spot. All cages were grey, red or white from looking through the video - i get easly excited rob but this is the icing on the cake for me. Might not be to everyones taste though :wink:

Ah I see

In that case...

Very good.

northy
23-09-2009, 15:40
:thumbsup:

Think mine was in july 1992 magazine of fastlane magazine. But im not sure if there were any more features of it.

trickyvicx
25-09-2009, 13:15
. sorry if i wasnt clear - was excited when i posted this up last night.
:wink:

It doesn't take much does it :wink: