PDA

View Full Version : brake compensating valve

pieman
21-09-2009, 21:35
or load valve! any body had any problems with these? just had the back axel off and now i can't get any fulid to the nearside rear caliper off side is workin fine just no fluid to the n/s/r i do have a pedal tho lol! renault do not make them any more cant get any from france!! shitter think my local factor has got 1 just wanna c if any body else has had this problem

matty w
21-09-2009, 21:45
have you checked to see if its working?you should be able to work the hinged part,if not put some wd40 on it and work it with some grips

pieman
21-09-2009, 21:57
yeah man it's not seized. i think its blocked, on the pluming for both the n/s and o/s into it got loads of praseure when the pedals pushed ( like bleeding) but only the o/s 1 has ewt coming out!!

Clio_GTT
21-09-2009, 22:18
operate the bias valve when bleeding, if you're doing it with the wheels in the air then the valve will restrict the pressure to the rear.

Wobba
22-09-2009, 12:46
There are other types of valve from other cars that will fit. I am sure there are Citroen ones that fit. Arj256 used one of them on his car.

If you are doing brakes or the rear, just do it with one wheel still on the ground and only slightly jacked up on the other side, should be fine.

The brake bias valves often seize up, but are easy to sort. Just get rid of any crap/rust and undo the two retaining nuts on the pedal that controls the valve. Move the pedal loads until it starts moving easily on its own. Grease it up very well, then tighten the rod back up with the two securing nuts, but not that much, only so the pedal is gently pulled toward the front of the car (whilst the rear wheels are on the ground!) and almost held in the 'open' position at max.

It means when the rear gets lighter under heavy braking the valve closes and stops the rears locking.

northy
22-09-2009, 12:59
had the same issue a few times.

Buy a new valve from renault and it will be as new mate.

They are around £80 - £100 from memory

pieman
22-09-2009, 19:47
got one 103 including the fat ! ha took me about an hour to figure the whhels need to be on the floor when i was doinig it thats how i sirted the o/s! but eh **** it got a shiny new 1 now so all is good!!