PDA

View Full Version : Standard Centre Exhaust Hanging Low - Missing Hanger?

glyn211269
16-09-2009, 02:16
My Willy1 originally had a Magnex exhaust fitted which sat nicely tucked up where it should. But it was on its last legs and was a too noisy for my liking so I had it replaced it with a standard centre and rear....something like a Timax or similar. Before fitting we laid the two next to each other to check that all the hangers were all the same shape and location, which they were.

However, the centre section of the new exhaust now hangs far lower than it should, something of a common problem I believe?

I've also noticed from a picture of an original Renault centre pipe that it has an extra hanger just forward of the centre box. Neither the Magnex or my new non-Renault centre pipe has this hanger. And from a rummage under the car in that same area its looks very much like a hanger bracket was fitted to the underbody but has been junked at some point in the past.

So any advice please to stop my current exhaust hanging so low? Or should I get an original Renault center pipe with the extra hanger and track down the missing hanger bracket if there are still any around??

Thanks, Glyn

Coops
16-09-2009, 09:43
the main reason for low hanging is the rear hangar on the centre pipe being missing. it sits right on the bend in the centre pipe at the rear middle of the car.