PDA

View Full Version : My 5th car

col
15-09-2009, 20:26
Ive done it again,ive bought a mondeo 1.8 lx silver top,dont tell the missis

Okay ive only paid £35.00 but she is taxed til end of month,filthy but in good knick body an mechanics. mileage.....er 162000 but i kid you not she doesnt smoke on start up,no nasty rattles an pulls like a.....car! she has service history,new belt an clutch.

And on thursday im havin the day off an stripping her at work i need the engine for kitcar.................OH! by the way does anybody know where i can get uprated cams an pulleys from ? :lol:

schakal
15-09-2009, 20:31
oh dear not a ford mundane col :? :shock:

:D

col
15-09-2009, 22:05
Im afraid so evran,its the only bloody engine thatll fit the type 9 gearbox without to much trouble,but they are pretty tuneable and i do have a set of bike carbs..........bring it on!

Ive now got a f7p engine gathering dust which is a shame.

So youll probably see it up on Ebay soon :roll:

Wobba
17-09-2009, 13:43
Ford engines in small/kit cars are a good way to go! at £35 you're laughing lol.

col
17-09-2009, 17:55
HEHE!...........went into work on my day off an stripped the car ,subframe on the floor with everything on it.....took me 4 hrs on my own ,not bad that.

Ive still to whip out the loom in the engine bay and the ecu under the dash.......but a couple of lunch hours next week should see it done.