PDA

View Full Version : MOT Failed.........but still happy

stevefesta
13-09-2009, 22:11
Took the Williams 3 for it's first MOT in my ownership yesterday and it failed :(
It failed for a directional tyre running the wrong way (I had the spare on and was expecting this).
No reserve travel on the handbrake (17% efficient, so pass for effort but advised)
Lastly a front flexi brake hose is splitting.

All in all not too bad. Have had a couple of toyo's put on the front and they are doing the hose and adjusting the handbrake as I have to take it back for the re-test and saves me getting my hands dirty.

Justin..
13-09-2009, 22:16
Not bad :D

stevefesta
13-09-2009, 22:31
The worst part is not being able to drive it for nearly two weeks until it goes back for the re-test!!

MatrixGuy
13-09-2009, 23:14
Sorry to hear mate. It's all part of the Williams ownership am afraid. :)

If it's any conciliation mine passed with flying colours back in July, no advisories...lol :lol:

16v_paddy
13-09-2009, 23:33
That's not bad at all, I'd always expect any new car I buy to fail it's 1st MOT in my ownership. My valver failed it's 1st one on a few things that I didn't know about or notice in the time I owned it up until the MOT so got it fixed. Then for it's next MOT she passed with flying colours :D

stevefesta
14-09-2009, 10:23
It's quite a relief that is failed on those things and nothing serious, as there is always a chance you missed something big (or it was well hidden)when looking at the car. Now that I now it isn't a basket case I can spend some money on a few things I want to improve and then keep it tip top so it never fails again :)

Wobba
14-09-2009, 10:47
yep, those are minor things. brake hose quick to fix if you have tools and tyre npnp. Watch the handbrake cable though. I'd replace it anyway soon.