PDA

View Full Version : Frenchy electrics

jamiecrookston83
11-09-2009, 20:19
Having a few electric problems.

Here goes..

1 Drivers side electric window.. I can here the switch work but no window moving. Its stuck down actually. lol

2 Lights on dash board don't work. I change the fuse, turn them on. then they work. Until I start the car and the fuse blows??? Bad earth broken wire somewhere??

3 Window wipers. Playing funny bugers stop half way, they work then dont work. Changed the motor and the stock, and still the same??

4 third aux gauge on the left showing oil level I think?? reads nothing!! I did make sure though that theres oil in it. lol

help please.

Thanks

Jamie

MatBrown
11-09-2009, 22:28
1, Could be the switch at a fault or maybe the window motor.
2, Indicates that it is shorting out somewhere.
3, Check the relay next to fusebox.
4, Probably the sensor at fault.

Mat.

jamiecrookston83
11-09-2009, 22:55
Cheers mate.

I know that the switch works as i tried the switch on my wifes mk1 rt. I did have it working, but now nothing. it seems to have went down too far.

Ihave a look at the relays next to the fuse box.

Cheers again mate

MatBrown
11-09-2009, 23:22
Could have fallen out of it's runner then.

Mat.

jamiecrookston83
12-09-2009, 22:11
Thought that might have happened. I'll have a look at that one

Cheers Mat

MatrixGuy
13-09-2009, 12:16
Sounds like my kind of problems.... :roll:

My passenger window doesn't work at all.

The driver window works sometimes, but recently the window goes down, but not up!! The other night i had to leave it wide open all night because i couldn't shut it!

jamiecrookston83
13-09-2009, 19:27
1, Could be the switch at a fault or maybe the window motor.
2, Indicates that it is shorting out somewhere.
3, Check the relay next to fusebox.
4, Probably the sensor at fault.

Mat.

I thought at first that it was blowing the fuse for the lights, but its actually blowing the L/H rear tail light fuse The hedlights work, but nothing on the dash?

MatBrown
13-09-2009, 20:16
Check all the bulbs are correct in the tail-light.

Mat.

jamiecrookston83
13-09-2009, 21:02
Yeah I'll do that. I found it weird though that the guy who had the car previous. Had ran a cable from the right hand rear light cable just before the plug to the same on the left hand. Ive since got rid of this and re-wired the rear lights as they should be. Now the l/h rear doesnt work. haha. ill have another fart about with it tomorrow. It pisses me off when people f+@k about with the electrics. Ive already pulled out about 5 miles worth of speaker and amp and bass box cable.