PDA

View Full Version : New turbo here, now what? pic! help!

midge
09-09-2009, 15:08
Right opened it up and here it is, how comes the acuator doesnt line up? has someone rotated the inlet bit a bit?

i know i need to rotate it, i think i will have the pipe coming out the top on a 90degree.

How do i change the boost setting? i know on the turbo i have now you wind the acuator in or out, but i cant do that on this one?

what do i do if i rotate the turbo and the acuator doesnt line up again?

and how do i tell what is the oil holes and what is the water holes?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/52egdim/DSC00078-1.jpg

sideways danny
09-09-2009, 18:17
the housing has been rotated, you may need to fab a bracket to fit it on your clio anyway. Get the housings where you want it with the oil drain facing straight down and go from there. Oil drain is the flange with 2 bolt holes either side of "hole", oil feed is opposite this. Water feeds are on the sides of the core. I think they're M14 threads.

also replied on CS ;)

midge
09-09-2009, 20:44
yer i saw, cheers mate, so the drain is the one which has a hole either side, 3 holes on that bit in total? so beswt way is to get that bit pointing straight down, then loosen off one housing at a time and line it up where i want it?

Thansk for the help ;)

Coops
09-09-2009, 23:31
ai, keep the oil connections running vertical, when the turbo is mounted on the manifold by exhaus housing. then rotate the compressor housing to fit the boost pipework to it, however yours will go i dont know with the longer outlet arm on the turbo housing etc.

acutator on that is none adjustable, can swap your current one onto it, but likely it wont have sufficient diphragem strength to cope with more than about 14psi, so you'll need a boost controller. screw type one off ebay is all i run, about 20 quid

may also need to fabricate new bracket for the actuator to get it mounted and lining up with the wastegate pin once the turbo is fitted and all the housings are correctly orientated for your application

hard to describe text on a computer so sorry is is confusing, also i'm pissed!win

raviedavie
10-09-2009, 10:45
do people only run mech boost controllers on the clio as on my evo i had a AVCR and it was the nuts !

Coops
10-09-2009, 12:05
i run the mechanical one as it was like the budgie, cheep cheep :lol:

and to be fair its not too much hassle to adjust the boost, i know how many turns to knock it back to 9psi when i want, and back up to 15 when i want some boooooooost :wink:

and finally, less to go wrong and cheap to replace if it does break :P

Justin..
10-09-2009, 14:25
i really need a manual boost controller, 4 psi sucks!

raviedavie
10-09-2009, 14:28
thats why i loved my AVCR though as it had 2 seetings to choose from at the touch of a button plus i couldnt monitor all the readings etc

Coops
10-09-2009, 14:30
justin, ebay is your friend, i got a simple screw type one for an mr2 but its a universal fitment thing, just listed as for mr2, 20 quid it was delivered