PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounts, straps, bars etc picture request!

simonr85
07-09-2009, 11:18
Hi im after pics of all the engine mounts and straps and the bars fitted to the williams as standard, as i have a few bars and straps that need putting on and i think this maybe why my car keeps snapping engine mounts so i need to know where they go!

i have bought a cup racer engine mount and its like a solid square piece of rubber, i thought it was a dogbone mount but its completely different to the 1 i thought it would be replacing so i presume it goes somewhere else (so if any1 has a pic of this too it would be brilliant)

when i went to get a few bits of coops he showed me that 1 of the straps and bars go over the gearbox which mine doesnt have so any pics of them fitted too would be good

any pics will be much appreciated :lol:

simonr85
07-09-2009, 14:04
http://maxi.36t.co.uk/rwx_gallery/page23.jpg

Ive managed to find a picture of the rubber block so know where that goes (number 6 on above pic)

i just need to know where the 2 metal bars i have go now!

Wobba
07-09-2009, 14:21
You may have the one for a R5 Turbo. I think it may be the one that fits on the subframe at the back of the engine on the gearbox side. If you look at the subframe (under the coolant bottle) you can see some unused bolt holes. I think it attaches there....others may be able to advise better though...

busterhymes
07-09-2009, 14:35
your pic looks pretty much the same as the std engine mounts but guess yours will be maybe have a harder grade rubber for more stiffness, the item 6 is the 4th mount rubber everyone seems to fit inc me(std on 172/182 i believe) :) and makes a big difference to stability of gearbox and better gear shifting this you probably know already the only extra strap which come to mind is the one that bolts to back of gearbox on top and on the front of box if you have the straps stick some pics up sure they could be identified if not let me know i can get a pic of one i have spare hope this helps :)

simonr85
07-09-2009, 15:42
your pic looks pretty much the same as the std engine mounts but guess yours will be maybe have a harder grade rubber for more stiffness, the item 6 is the 4th mount rubber everyone seems to fit inc me(std on 172/182 i believe) :) and makes a big difference to stability of gearbox and better gear shifting this you probably know already the only extra strap which come to mind is the one that bolts to back of gearbox on top and on the front of box if you have the straps stick some pics up sure they could be identified if not let me know i can get a pic of one i have spare hope this helps :)

yeh i think it is just different rubber, is part number 7 already on the car?? or will i need that too??

and the strap is the 1 you are reffering too, coops showed me where it goes, its just the metal bars i was wondering about now

cheers for your replys guys!

busterhymes
07-09-2009, 20:42
you need the plate was fitted to some model of the renault 19 and of course as mentioned 172/182. rubber can be had from GSF for just under £15 the plate is daft money just remembered think mount is on some volvo's :? fixing bolts and nuts std metric can be had from local fastener stockists

Coops
07-09-2009, 20:52
which is the other metal strap i didnt show you mate, cant remeber?

simonr85
08-09-2009, 08:23

its another 1 i found at home it has like a bend in it at the end (like an L shape)and has like a screw and a little square piece of rubber on it, think it may be for tying some cables or something

simonr85
08-09-2009, 09:16
does any1 know the part numbers for the bracket and bolts in the above pic for the 4th mount???

simonr85
08-09-2009, 10:52
ive found them

plate 7700845018

nuts and bolts 7703034122

Coops
08-09-2009, 13:30

its another 1 i found at home it has like a bend in it at the end (like an L shape)and has like a screw and a little square piece of rubber on it, think it may be for tying some cables or something

need pics mate tbh, doesnt sound like the either of the two williams straps

simonr85
11-09-2009, 10:49
ive managed to get them all on this week, 4th mount, williams strap, the bar that runs from the dogbone to the gearbox, and have replaced all other mounts and used tiger seal to make them stiffer, i found a post on here of Northy that if the dogbone bush is pressed out then in at 90 degrees that that helps so i did that too and its ace, the car feels so solid now, and the gearstick doesnt even budge when the car is started, when i let off or anything

:lol:

got my wilwood 4pots on too!

Wobba
11-09-2009, 13:42
ive managed to get them all on this week, 4th mount, williams strap, the bar that runs from the dogbone to the gearbox, and have replaced all other mounts and used tiger seal to make them stiffer, i found a post on here of Northy that if the dogbone bush is pressed out then in at 90 degrees that that helps so i did that too and its ace, the car feels so solid now, and the gearstick doesnt even budge when the car is started, when i let off or anything

yey! Sounds like mine :)

simonr85
11-09-2009, 15:08

yey! Sounds like mine :)

i used a pic that you posted in another thread for 1 of the bars i was missing, the 1 connected to the dogbone

GavinMccoull
12-09-2009, 11:07
Im looking at replacing my engine mounts, where did you get them from?

Cheers, Gav

simonr85
14-09-2009, 11:30
Im looking at replacing my engine mounts, where did you get them from?

Cheers, Gav

i bought most of them second hand on here, and just sealed them up, i bought the 4th mount new of evogone on here and the bracket from renault to attach it, all the other bits i had lying around in my garage