PDA

View Full Version : wheel

Danile clio williams3
31-08-2009, 21:04
will wheels that are 7x15 H2 be ok for a williams3 as track wheels thanks dan

stevie_b
01-09-2009, 07:49
You need to check the stud pattern will fit. i.e. 4 studs with a PCD of 100mm and a centre bore of 60.1mm iirc - do some searching on here to confirm. If the centre bore is larger you can use spigot rings to reduce it to the correct size. Then you need to make sure the wheel is in the correct offset range that it will actually not foul the inside or outside of the arches with your chosen tyre size.

Coops
01-09-2009, 09:55
as above, needs to be 60.1mm centre bore, 100x4 pdc and offset of around et38 (altho a greater range will fit but 38 is the o/e offset iirc)

Danile clio williams3
01-09-2009, 12:12
were do i find this out all the numbers i can find on my standed wheels are
speedline
number 2 next to the valve
7j 15 4 h2 36
sl 782
renault logo 108
which numbers do i need to match
:oops: :oops: help

stevie_b
02-09-2009, 13:16
I doubt all the info you need for the new wheel is to be found stamped on your current one. For example the PCD and bore size are pretty critical to the fitment but rarely cast/stamped into the wheel as often they make a whole load of wheels the same and then just cut the stud holes and centre bore into these batch of identical wheels at the end to create the wheels to fit each specific vehicle. The 7J you give is the rim width, which dictates the width of tyre you can sensibly fit to it, and the 36 is probably the offset in mm, but I can't see anything that looks like the PCD or bore measurements, but if you have standard hubs then you will find the numbers we have given above are what you need to ask for on your new wheels.