PDA

View Full Version : I swear my car hates me.

Wobba
31-08-2009, 17:31
Today is the last day I can work on my car as I am moving home and cant really do much where I will be moving too.

As you may have read, my AVO's have gone again so I had to take them off today to send off again (4th time they've gone). Whilst putting on my other J&R coilies I spotted a pretty bad brake fluid leak from the nearside union. Pumping the brakes made it drip like mad and after further investigation it seems the chocolate brake union (WHY ARE THEY MADE IF SHIT!!!??) has completely threaded in the Goodridge hose.

Now, today is the last day I had for moving home. What with having to stay away looking after my friends place whilst on honeymoon and taking over at work (meaning stress and more stress and huge amounts of work), I am just a tad bit ****ed off!

Of course...I've already packed my spare brake unions, and typically on bank holiday no-where is open that stocks them...

I ****ING HATE CARS!!!

MatrixGuy
31-08-2009, 17:57
Sorry to hear mate....

as i have said, it's the car you love to hate, lol.

Wobba
31-08-2009, 20:30
I've tried to fix it and sadly can't as all my stuff is packed and at other address. I now have barely any brakes. Typical.

Coops
31-08-2009, 21:51
underpants out the window mate

chin up :D

Wobba
31-08-2009, 22:18
underpants out the window mate

chin up :D

Yea I know. Everythings pissing me off right now and this is almost the final straw! Besides, I've not had a rant here in ages!

Wobba
01-09-2009, 12:34
Things are looking up.

Leighanne went out of her way and managed to get me some brake unions whilst I am stuck at work, and good old Justin has just rocked up in his fully armed and operational (Death Star) Turbo nutter car and lent me his brake flaring kit.

Assuming I have enough brake fluid all should be fixed by tonight!

col
01-09-2009, 17:40
I know where your at matey,......Sons r5, rewired,head gasket, clutch cable.

Daughters frd ka.....gearbox replaced +new clutch,airconan heater dont work ,passenger window wow work.

My Merc, needas rear shocks(an they are self levelin)

Willys overheatin.........but you know what "S..T HAPPENS"...i have to laugh or id cry :cry: ...cars are a sought of self flagelation. :lol:

Wobba
01-09-2009, 21:26
Omg, what a day. All fixed as far as I can tell. Only took me 40ish mins to do the new brake union. Off for a test drive now!

flash
01-09-2009, 21:43
does that mean santa pod :D ?

Wobba
02-09-2009, 00:26
does that mean santa pod :D ?

We shall see! It depends on home my moving home goes, I am behind schedule by several days. Should have moved out yesterday :(

wrighty
02-09-2009, 01:29
Nice one on the latest repair! One less job on the to do list!

Wobba
02-09-2009, 12:31
Yep, the brakes actually feel a lot better now so I reckon the leak has been going on for quite some time now.

next on the list is sorting the whiney bearing noise from the aux belt...gonna replace alternator first...

wrighty
02-09-2009, 13:45
Try a DIY refurb mate?

Wobba
02-09-2009, 13:53
Try a DIY refurb mate?

Nah! I enjoy throwing money into a vast bottomless pit and carpet bombing the entire car with new parts to ensure piece of mind :D

wrighty
02-09-2009, 13:55
lol!

Maybe one day we will learn! Or perhaps not!

white16valver
02-09-2009, 14:17
Try a DIY refurb mate?

Nah! I enjoy throwing money into a vast bottomless pit and carpet bombing the entire car with new parts to ensure piece of mind :D
lol

It's the only way to ensure at least a few months of that one part not breaking! :lol: