PDA

View Full Version : Still having clutch problems

jerome16v
26-08-2009, 16:30
A while ago i started to have some problems with my clutch, Its starts to make a cracking sound while its being compressed, and you can also feel it in the pedal, it not going very smooth at all.
This starts to happen when the engine and box are really starting to warm up, lets say after driving 20 km or so.
I allready tried a new clutch cable, and have cleaned everything up, and put on some new grease on that little plastic thingy where that arm pivots (dont know how it called).
I have a new clutch waiting to go in, but i want to make sure the problem is fixed when i do.
I made a video a while back, and its was posted on several forums, but didnt get much suggestions, so im trying my luck here one more time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsQX2UkjI-k&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fcoswort h1983&feature=player_profilepage

Thanks

Justin..
26-08-2009, 16:39
Have you tried replacing the pivot bush in the bell housing?

jerome16v
26-08-2009, 16:52
You mean that plastic thing?, no didnt replace it, it looked fine to me when this box was fitted.

cliokiz
27-08-2009, 10:37
Mine feels very similar in my valver

It's an R5 GTT clutch and has only started doing it since it has been sat around for a while

Something needs greasing up somewhere...

schakal
27-08-2009, 10:52
does the clutch pedal feel extra hard when you press ??
sounds like some kind of rubber noise which does not make sense
unless you dropped something in there ??
:?

jerome16v
27-08-2009, 11:12
cant think of anyhthing that could of have dropped in.
And when i checked the last time, it was al clean inside, does the release bearing need any grease over the shaft it slides over?
because that part is completely dry?

Thanks

schakal
27-08-2009, 11:30
there is a grease sachet that comes with most clutch kits
and the grease is for the splines on the shaft .

cliokiz
27-08-2009, 12:21
cant think of anyhthing that could of have dropped in.
And when i checked the last time, it was al clean inside, does the release bearing need any grease over the shaft it slides over?
because that part is completely dry?

Thanks

I always give mine a damn good greasing there so the release bearing can slide over it gracefully, along with the pivot bush too

Justin..
27-08-2009, 12:31
If it were me I'd try spraying some wd40 down the back side of the arm where the pivot bush is. Only a tiny amount though because you don't want it to get on the clutch

jerome16v
27-08-2009, 17:08
That liitle bush is allready greased up, i did that when i checked where the sound came from.
the splines are bone dry, so maybe the problems lays there.
I'm gonna fit the new clutch kit next week, so i will make sure i got a new bush and grease up all the splines.

Thanks