PDA

View Full Version : oilfilter question

jerome16v
25-08-2009, 17:58
Hi Guys,

I'm having issue with the oilpressure after i changed the oilfilter and some other bits.
I allready found out on this forum, that the filter is the probable cause of all this.
I also read about the Champion F-136 filter as the best replacement for the best oilpressure, but i cant seem to find a single filter?
there was a thread on here not so long ago about these filters, and they were getting them from Halfords.
Now im in the netherlands, and they dont have Champion filters here, only for motorbikes, and those dealers wont do car filters.
Now my question is, does Halfords UK still have them in stock?, and if so, do you think i could get some over here, maybe through Halfords, or maybe trough a member on here?
Any help or info about these filters would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

MatBrown
25-08-2009, 18:19
They are still available from Halfords in the UK.
I'm sure someone can sort you some out.
How many do you want?

Mat.

Justin..
25-08-2009, 18:31
I'm sure if you asked nicely someone will post you some

jerome16v
25-08-2009, 19:10
Hi,

Thanks guys, Im thinking of ordering 5 or so, or if there's 6 in a box, ill take six of them.
So i'm gonna ask this as nice as i can :P, Does anyone wants to help me out, and send me the filters please :oops: ,I would really appreciate it.

While im here, ill post the link to the gallery of my own project, was posted on c16v before, so some will recognize some pics.
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p286/mhrslidertje/clio/

Thanks in advance

MatBrown
25-08-2009, 19:20
Nice work.

Mat.

MAXIBOY
25-08-2009, 19:38
i try mine tomorrow for you mate see if they have any in stock lol

speed
25-08-2009, 20:23
hi, nice build, nice bit of fabrication with the engine mount and exhaust.

do you have any info on the dash display?

wrighty
25-08-2009, 20:56
I have a Trade card for Halfords so may be able to get them cheaper? Let me know as I do not want to tread on Maxiboys kind offer!

Paul

jerome16v
25-08-2009, 21:07
Thanks again guys for the offers.
Cheaper is always better, but i looked for these things for quite some time, i just want to get them, so a few bucks off doesnt really matter.

cliokiz
26-08-2009, 10:33
That's mental, why does everything on your engine look brand new?

cliokongen
26-08-2009, 12:47
I'va had that same problem after oil and filter change.
Using the same filters as always (std. Renault) pressure dropped after oil and filter change.

Tried several different filters still with low pressure.
There was noticeable differences between the filters though.
The best from my experience was the std. Renault and the UFI filters you can buy from Opie oils.

As you can probably tell the filters were not the actual problem for the low pressure.
It was the pressure sender on the rear of engine block.
It must have died simultaniously with the filter change.

Check all electrical contacts - try a different sender...
It will probably do the trick.

BTW - newer trust any of the Renault Random'O'Gauges...
Use them as a guide to see if pressure rises with revs etc.

Michael

jerome16v
26-08-2009, 16:10
That's mental, why does everything on your engine look brand new?

Thanks man,

i think its called dedication, lol.
to be serieus though, i sandblasted all the parts, and painted them to look as new.
Things like alternator, starter, and sensors are new, this engine alone cost me 4 weeks or so to build, only because everything had to be clean as possible.
The rest of the car is being done soon, allready have new doors and bumpers and whole rear quarters.
But i first have to sort out the technical part of the car.

Greetz

jerome16v
26-08-2009, 16:19
I'va had that same problem after oil and filter change.
Using the same filters as always (std. Renault) pressure dropped after oil and filter change.

Tried several different filters still with low pressure.
There was noticeable differences between the filters though.
The best from my experience was the std. Renault and the UFI filters you can buy from Opie oils.

As you can probably tell the filters were not the actual problem for the low pressure.
It was the pressure sender on the rear of engine block.
It must have died simultaniously with the filter change.

Check all electrical contacts - try a different sender...
It will probably do the trick.

BTW - newer trust any of the Renault Random'O'Gauges...
Use them as a guide to see if pressure rises with revs etc.

Michael

Thanxs for your input.

The lower oilpressure problem happend after i changed the cams and
lifters 3 weeks back.
I also changed to oil and filters after the cams were broken in.

Allready checked the cam bearings and such, to see if the problems lays there.
Last week i fiited a mechanical gauge to really check the pressure's, and they were exactly the same as the incar gauge.
I have no leaks what so ever, and im using the same oil as always, only thing that was different was the oilfilter, you see, i always buy more filters at once, saves a few bucks, and i think its handy to have some parts on my own shelff.
The last filter was a new one, as i used up all other older filters, so im still hoping its the filter thats causing this, and i'm also having the exact same symptoms as descriped by others on older posts about his.

Thanks

G33R7
26-08-2009, 18:26
jeroen make it 10 then, i'm also interested. i leaved quite close to jerome16v :roll:

G33R7
26-08-2009, 18:27
live, not leave

damn edit button 8)

MatBrown
26-08-2009, 20:53
I have a Trade card for Halfords so may be able to get them cheaper? Let me know as I do not want to tread on Maxiboys kind offer!

Paul

They come out at just under £7 each with the trade card.

Mat.

jerome16v
27-08-2009, 11:06

Paul

They come out at just under £7 each with the trade card.

Mat.

Ok, thanks for checking it out, will wait till Maxi replies about the filters hes was gonna look at.

thanks