PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 mile challenge.... oooh I'm so scared!

J o n
14-07-2005, 13:09
well, for those that dont remember this Saturday is Santa Pod and it looks like a certain individual that ripped the piss out of 1/4 miling and made out how easy it is is backing out now... as nothing has been heard... just to remind you all...

KS: Does the track have any challenging corners?

Rach:Its a drag strip so errr No www.santapod.com for more info on the venue.
Oh yeah one thing i forgot above its 20 quid for unlimited runs on the strip on the saturday.

KS: A track with no corners? Sounds a bit easy. Youll be telling me next its only 1/4 of a mile long.

KS: (in response to 2live) Ive said mate, lend me your car and ill do it first time faster than you

KS: Well for a start yuor car is tuned and mine is standard. So there is a power deficit. Secondly, mine isnt run in. And thirdly, if i drive a car in a race, to me its a race car, and its gets treated as such. I wouldnt want give that abuse to my car.
1/4 miling is a piece of piss. Driving in a straight line. Must have been the Americans who popularised such a dull and easy sport.

KS: Next year on track my friend. All will be revealed. (yeah right...)

KS: 1/4 miling is a piece of piss. If you can launch a car you can quater mile. Hell, i bet i could turn up and beat people in the same car using one hand.

KS: (to 2 live again) So youll let me drive your car then for the bet?

Rach: You wanna put your money where your mouth is? If so you can drive my 5 with one hand tied behind your back and see if you can beat my time in my car. If not kindly zip it please 1/4 miling isnt as easy as people think, not if you want to put in a decent time anyway, you gotta get the launch right and gear changes, ideally you want the right suspension set up and drag tyres for a start, for most its just a bit of fun, we've all had the traffic light grand prix's at some point in our driving career, just at Santa Pod you can do it without breaking any speed limits.

KS: Yeah ill race your car. But i dont want my hand tied behind my back as could make it uncomfortable. Im sure id beat / get close to your time in my first or second run using one hand.
You lot talk about 1/4 miling as if there is something magically different to launching a car on a piece of tarmac just because it has 'Santopod' written dont the side of it.
If you can launch a car quickly, you can launch a car quickly. Its really not that hard. It all just seems like a waste of time really.

Rach: Tied to your front then just to make it more comfortable for you, but you said one handed so i'd like to make it impossible for you to use one of them otherwise you'd be breaking your rules and we cant see from the spectator stand if you are or not. So how about it, are you going to put your money where your mouth is or not ?
Never said qtr miling was magical just not as easy as you make out, not if you want to break any records anyway, fir most its a bit of fun.

KS: So i can drive yuor car and i dont have to pay if anything breaks?

Rach: Yep, I have plenty of spares, there isnt anything you could break that cant be fixed, I have owned it for 5 years, see pics in my newbie thread, there isnt anything for you to hit unless you end up in the wall and please dont lol !
So what we gonna put on this then ?

KS: What you want to put on it?
And this is to beat your time on the day?
Or your fastest time?
Think the first is more realistic as it may rain, in which case im not likely to win.

Rach: My time on the day will be fine. Cash ?

KS: Nahh cash is boring. If i win, you run up the 1/4 mile in a thong. If you win, i will run up the 1/4 mile in boxers.

KS: Shes been online twice and been looking at this forum and not replied. Read into that what you will, but i dont plan on losing. (how ironic)

Rach: Stromba, I wasnt online late last night, i let my other half(mike from www.msmotorsport.co.uk) have a read for his amusement and I havent been on all day as unfortunately i have work to do.
I am not sure if Santa Pod will let people just run up the strip i will have to check on that. Otherwise we will come to some other forfeit for the loser.
If anything is going to break it'll break with me driving i have a habit of breaking things. One thing i will say though is if you crash it into the wall you pay for it to be repaired as thats not down to mechanical failure thats down to the driver. Fair ?
So we will see you at Santa Pod on July 16th then yes ?
So we can return this topic back to the subject now ? Pm me if you want to reply to me directly.

KS: Hey if i bin it into the wall, i could take you to court for making me tie my hand in front of my body, and the circuit for letting me drive in a dangerous sport one handed.
Doubt youll be bothered about me repairing your car when the feds ship you into jail
But seriously, find out about running semi-naked. I will contact the local paper if its on and get some coverage.

Rach: Hey come on now, you're the one mouthing off saying you can beat anyones time in there car one handed, now you reckon its dangerous and you'll take me to court for making you do it, if that aint backpeddling i dont know what is, so either you are up for it or your not, makes no odds to me. I'll let you think about it between now and national day. See you there.
Can we get the thread back on track now please.

KS: Ive said im up fior it and i am. But you havnt said that you accept to run up the strip in a thong, when i win. Which i will.

KS: Everyone who knows me knows i would quite happily run the 1/4 mile in boxers for the sttention.
Question is: Would Rach do it when she loses?

KS: Right if im really going to do this i need at least one months notice so i can:
1. Get someone to cover my cells at work
2. Get big and ripped and tanned.
Give me all the dates that santa pod is running stuff and ill sort it out at work.

KS: I CANT JUST DROP STUFF I HAVE LIVING ORGANISMS TO KEEP ALIVE
(this is still over a month away at this point... lol)

KS: I said ill do it and i will.

Rach: I agree to your terms. Right see you on the 16th July then.
Lol at the Ladbrokes comments !

And that's the last we heard about it... this is all true as taken from the camping thread currently on 7 pages, so hopefully he will show up as Rachel has gone to the trouble of sorting a 5 minute Rach vs Rob only tracktime with 2 runs each to decide who wins and to prove a point that 1/4 miles in cars are piss easy...

Jan
14-07-2005, 13:11
Fair point & well made :)

I think quite a few people are waiting for this!

J o n
14-07-2005, 13:14
exactly, he talked a good game (although I was unconvinced) and now he's conveniently no where to be seen... come on, scared of being beat by a girl Stromba? pmsl

northy
14-07-2005, 13:18
PMSL - well rachel has arranged at her expense the session with coverage from the racecontrol.

And its being run straight after dinner.

I praying that stromba wins and i get to see some french knickers :wink:

Jan
14-07-2005, 13:21
LOL - Camera will be ready :D

Winston
14-07-2005, 13:22
He told me he's not going :roll:

Jan
14-07-2005, 13:24
Very disappointing :evil:

Will loose all credability with a no show

northy
14-07-2005, 13:25
he will be there. He said he wasnt coming to FCS then he did... :D

J o n
14-07-2005, 13:29
he wont go to this to get shown up... not that he has to go anywhere to do that, but to quote lagerlout "full of piss and wind".

Willyhybrid
14-07-2005, 13:47
Get a vid of this and obviously the run of the loser too and get em posted up! :D

J o n
14-07-2005, 13:51
good idea, but he wont show... just like the peaks run... which he had nothing to prove at that point... so this is a dead cert. feel bad for Rach as she organised it all and I knew he had no intention of doing it before hand... yet another example of just wanting to cause a ruckus. what a loser.

northy
14-07-2005, 13:52
come on down yourself mate...its a 200mile drive for us....just to get there,

J o n
14-07-2005, 14:04
good idea, should I jog or get the bus tho? :wink:

2 live
14-07-2005, 14:06
was gunna say....it mite be a 200 mile drive for u mate....but for me or bejesus.its a long walk lol

altho i have the use of a v dub hehe

Swervin_Mervin
14-07-2005, 14:32
We should borrow a camper between us 3! :P

It's be like Cheech and Chong's bus! :P

2 live
14-07-2005, 14:40
now theres an idea..lol

low rider of course lol.....they crack me up those 2 lol.best 1s gotta b up in smoke tho

northy
14-07-2005, 14:42
if u guys can get a bus for saturday morning - were meeting at lynn services at 6.30 - 7am

FlamingMonkey
14-07-2005, 14:46
2live, Jesus passenger with the Northrop brothers :D

J o n
14-07-2005, 14:50
2 live, how much would a bus cost to hire??? would you be up for it???

2 live
14-07-2005, 14:52
dunno mate.all depends on the car yet.if i get the headset soon il be busy hehe.mite even make york on sun if its ready lol

J o n
14-07-2005, 14:56
lol, i cant afford to hire owt anyway really... i'd fix my car instead anyway... hehe

i'm just gonna say i'm not turning up to another meet, that way you lot cant give me shit... even though i'd say i've been pretty hard core considering my car's faults!

big hp
14-07-2005, 15:01
Quarter mileing is for girls :P

I'm just going to spectate. I'll bring my licence incase anyone forgets theres or I can be persuaded to run. I've never done it before but I reckon thats only a good thing for 2 lives one in front crown :wink:

Matt Wills
14-07-2005, 15:05

I'm just going to spectate. I'll bring my licence incase anyone forgets theres or I can be persuaded to run. I've never done it before but I reckon thats only a good thing for 2 lives one in front crown :wink:

I'll run against you mate and I've never been on a 1/4 mile before.

I'm not wearing a thong though if I lose.

FlamingMonkey
14-07-2005, 15:07

Shit just realised, the police still have my licence, hmm even more against going on Saturday :roll:

Jan
14-07-2005, 15:08
Everyone will be running :twisted:

I keep saying i probably won't, but i know the secret truth :lol:

J o n
14-07-2005, 15:11
I really would like to run mine before it goes :twisted: ... we'll see i guess... Jon and Martin are safe for the time being ;) lol

y0z2a
14-07-2005, 15:24
:shock:

LOL

What the hell...

/y0z

J o n
14-07-2005, 15:45
which comment is shocking you? Scott's claim that it's for girls, Rob and the law, or me turning up to a meet? pmsl

y0z2a
14-07-2005, 15:47
The whole bloody lot...

LOL

/y0z

J o n
14-07-2005, 15:50
HAHA, yeah, bet the no show aint shocking you tho... to be expected I guess, he'd only be eating words... 1/4 miles are easy... what a fool, would love to have seen his efforts. Rach gets a 12 odd, Stromba takes the same amount of time to get off the line and stop spinning the car!

Martin
14-07-2005, 15:52

Shit just realised, the police still have my licence, hmm even more against going on Saturday :roll:

Borrow someone elses!! How long does it take the stamp a bloody licence anyway!?

northy
14-07-2005, 15:54
did they not give u a cover...bring the fine they gave u...thats got your name on !

J o n
14-07-2005, 15:54

Borrow someone elses!! How long does it take the stamp a bloody licence anyway!?

maybe they cant read Afghan? :wink:

FlamingMonkey
14-07-2005, 15:59
They said it would take up to a month to get it back, hasn't been a month yet I don't think, Police man did say the fine slip was my driving licence till I get back.

Anyway not sure if im coming, gearbox/clutch is breaking my ass financially, got Ty croes next week also, big dollar weekender

J o n
14-07-2005, 16:02
Rob, just admit that you dont have one pal... you can use Northy's anyway, make sure you make some duplicates tho ;)

dont let these fukkers pressure you Rob!!!

y0z2a
14-07-2005, 16:02
puts hand over mouth and whispers

*who's Rach??*

?

/y0z

J o n
14-07-2005, 16:04
erm, not ever met her, but she's the lady that was gonna hand Stromba his arse down the 1/4 mile... before he chickened out... ;)

FlamingMonkey
14-07-2005, 16:05
Rob, just admit that you dont have one pal... you can use Northy's anyway, make sure you make some duplicates tho ;)

dont let these fukkers pressure you Rob!!!

They ain't pressuring me dude, im just toying with their affections

J o n
14-07-2005, 16:06
LMAO, toy away then brutha!

Martin
14-07-2005, 16:07
lol Don't want you missing EVERY big show this year Rob! :wink: I imagine your new box/clutch was a fair bit of wedge though :shock: does it drive better now?

FlamingMonkey
14-07-2005, 16:09
lol Don't want you missing EVERY big show this year Rob! :wink: I imagine your new box/clutch was a fair bit of wedge though :shock: does it drive better now?

Dunno dude getting it back tonight, minus a £650 wedge from my wallet.

Should feel better twas a noisy bugger after that run out we had

northy
14-07-2005, 16:19
Rach is the organiser of this weekends frence car shootout at the pod yoz.

are you coming to show us how its done ?

J o n
14-07-2005, 16:56
what do you suggest he uses, or is this a boxer vs thong race? lol

MaLicE
14-07-2005, 17:02
LOL ive seen rach drive.... what she lacks in size she makes up with scary driving... ks will have a handicap.... surely he wont fit his big head in a little 5 ???? plus if u have seen how close rach sits to the wheel i dont think ne 1 else could get it....

would of been funny if rach had let mike (mike spencer) take her place lol....

Andy
14-07-2005, 20:07
2live, Jesus passenger with the Northrop brothers :D

im not taking jesus might put bad vibes in the car (somat might brake )

northy
14-07-2005, 21:04
pmsl....jesus is cursed ! :wink:

lagerlout1
15-07-2005, 00:17
he wont go to this to get shown up... not that he has to go anywhere to do that, but to quote lagerlout "full of piss and wind".

:lol: It's wind and piss :wink: :D :D

I must have missed that thread, but it looked liked KS was up to his usual tricks of winding someone up but fell foul when someone called his bluff.

How ironic that someone who professes to be Mr.Macho gets his bluff called by a lady!!! Fair play to Rach (whoever she may be)!!!

I soooo hope he does turn up and gets subject to some major ownage by a woman!!

J o n
15-07-2005, 12:56
lol, that was it! :lol:

yes, he is predictable and tends to get nasty when people stand up to him... or just acts like a child... entertaining watching him squirm regarding the 1/4 mile thing tho... just keep diggin'... :lol: