PDA

View Full Version : Brake Fluid Reservoir Location?

_ol_
23-08-2009, 13:34
Can someone point me in the right direction?

I need to top up the brake fluid but not being familiar with the engine layout I'm not 100% sure which is the correct reservoir to fill up?

Feel like a bit of a dipshit asking, but could anyone help?

Dancliovalver
23-08-2009, 15:35
its the plastic bottle where the exhaust mainfold is on the bulkhead :D

_ol_
23-08-2009, 16:26
hehe, thanks mate - The big round see through one?

volymmannen
23-08-2009, 16:48
hehe, thanks mate - The big round see through one?

no thats coolingwater

_ol_
23-08-2009, 16:57
Gotcha, it's the little black one then...

Looks full to me - Guess I just need to bleed the brakes then... Yay..

busterhymes
23-08-2009, 18:55
behind the large heatshield if ur unsure, and its easier to top up brake fluid than bleeding the system especially if the bleed nipples on the calipers are seized :(

Dancliovalver
23-08-2009, 19:47
Definatly a common problem, I've had to change calipers before coz of those stupid bleed nipples

MatBrown
23-08-2009, 20:39
Easy to free off if you know how.

Mat.

DaneC
23-08-2009, 21:01
Easy to free off if you know how.

Mat.

Willing to share the knowledge?

MatBrown
23-08-2009, 21:31
Two man job really, need one person applying medium pressure to the nipple with a spanner/ratchet while the 2nd person hits the surrounding area with a hammer and punch.

Mat.

_ol_
23-08-2009, 23:05
behind the large heatshield if ur unsure, and its easier to top up brake fluid than bleeding the system especially if the bleed nipples on the calipers are seized :(

Definatly a common problem, I've had to change calipers before coz of those stupid bleed nipples

Yeah, not looking too hot to be honest... I changed the pads the other day and thought about doing it then, but was worried about doing serious damage as it looked like they'd fall off if I played with it too much...

Two man job really, need one person applying medium pressure to the nipple with a spanner/ratchet while the 2nd person hits the surrounding area with a hammer and punch.

I think I'll get my mate round to help in that case...

Thanks for the advice chaps - I'll take some pics of the process to help out anyone else who gets stuck in this situation.