PDA

View Full Version : Brake line lengths

alex_e3
20-08-2009, 16:09
Can someone please tell me the length of the hoses from the following cars:-

Clio 1.8 16v;
Clio Williams;
19 16v.

I'm gonna buy some new hoses for my wilwoods, but need to measure to make sure they're gonna fit.

Thanks guys,

Al :-)

alex_e3
20-08-2009, 22:07
Anyone? Probably gonna pop over to Tweeks tomorrow and buy some, so need to know tonight if possible!

katbloke
21-08-2009, 17:52
if wide tracked make sure you get r19 16v length hoses, one of my recent wasa bout a 16v hose on a williams that exploded at the mot station

alex_e3
21-08-2009, 21:14
Nasty!

Went to Tweeks today - jesus they're useless.

Asked them if they could get both clio 1.8 16v and r19 16v hoses out for me to look at - explained why. Well they didn't have any in stock which i thought they wouldn't, as they never have anything in stock that i want! So next i asked the nice lady if she could find out on the lengths of them. So she phoned goodridge up directly and asked them. She came off the phone and told me i must've been mistaken at the clio ones were longer, so goodridge told her. I argued the toss saying everyone on the forums says 19 ones are longer, plus the 19 wishbones are longer. Nearly argued with her about it!

So in the end just bit my tongue and went on my way. Got home, had a closer look at the piece of paper that she'd written on for me to find that she got them to give her the length for the 182 hose :evil: Bollocks! Waste of time that was - i clearly said 1.8 16v when she asked.

Thinking i'm just gonna email goodridge myself.

Rant over!

16v_paddy
21-08-2009, 21:17
I've found it's usually best to get in touch with the manufacturer direct, in my experience powerflex and goodrige have excellent customer service & deal with any issues or queries very quickly