PDA

View Full Version : release bearing?

Matt_16v
19-08-2009, 20:00
Hi,

I have a problem with my clio at the moment being that 50% of the time my car wont go into gear as if the clutch isn't disengaging/engaging. There is a kind of squeeling noise SOMETIMES but as soon as i put my foot on the clutch the noise goes.

I have re-set the ratchet system at the pedal by taking up the slack and pumping the pedal. I have tried another commonly used method to re-set the ratchet by getting someone to hold the fork at the gearbox end in the "ON" position but it seems impossible to hold.

I have read through paddys post and his symtoms are similar but without the noise which leads me to believe its the release bearing?

I have just had a brand new paddle clutch and release bearing fitted and have done less than 400 miles..

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

matt

williams300
22-08-2009, 12:15
hi there mate i also get the same sqeeking noise like on yours but but i got a 182 gearbox on mine but the gears work perfect. i wouldnt worry to much about the sqeek a few of my mates that have paddle clutches make noises to

Matt_16v
22-08-2009, 17:24
thanks for reply mate. the noise is now there all the time though now. ive got a new cable and clutch pedal assy on the way hopefully that will fix it!

Evogone
23-08-2009, 09:11
Have you got the correct release bearing ? the Megane and 172 bearings and clutches have different listed bearings. Dont know which one needs to be used ? have people used this combination without problems ?