PDA

View Full Version : In-Car hands Free/FM Tuner etc for iPhone...

_ol_
18-08-2009, 19:33
Hiya,

I'm trying to get hold of a replacement for the power adapter (Cigarette lighter thing, but not the lighter itself, just the holder) for my Willy.

Unfortunately the one in mine is a bit mangled on the inside, and I kinda need it to work so I can use my in-car iphone adapter (Which is this (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_73 6217_langId_-1_categoryId_165635#dtab) BTW - completely awesome bit of kit if you have an iPhone - Highly recommended)...

Anyway, the thing keeps cutting out because it just doesn't fit right which is distracting to say the least, and basically makes the thing unusable...

So yeah, I'm after a replacement if anyone's got one available, or suggestions if someone can think of a way to stop it from having such a dodgy connection - These cars weren't made for this kind of thing...

Any help/opinions/comments massively appreciated.

col
18-08-2009, 21:19
When i worked for a boat company they had a lighter commector,, but didnt have the lighter with it.

the imternals were protected by a rubber shroud....ideal for anyaccessory you could think of.

Possible outlets,caravan spares or ships chandlers.

_ol_
19-08-2009, 09:52
My old man lives near a boat yard, thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can find.