PDA

View Full Version : Longer Rear Shocks

sleeky
12-08-2009, 20:54
Hi All,

I bought some new rear shocks for my Valver, they were from a Renault kangoo but I was told they were the same length as the stock shocks, just a lot stiffer.

Tonight I managed to get the old rear shocks off my car after a bit of a struggle however when I offer up the new rear shocks against the OE De-Carbon ones they are around 1" longer.

As a result of this I couldn't get the new shocks on as the rear beam did not drop down enough to give sufficient clearance.

As far as I can tell the rear torsion bar is still at the stock height so I can see the only way of fitting these shocks would be to raise the rear height, something that I do not really want to do.

Can anyone think of any other way of getting these fitted? The shocks are very stiff so can't see how I could compress them.

Thanks,
Lee.

Coops
12-08-2009, 23:38
ratchet strap them to compress them, be reet :lol:

sleeky
13-08-2009, 21:05
Well didn't have much to do during my lunch break so popped down to one of the many pound shops near work (classy area) and got myself a ratchet strap for £1.75, got home tonight, did the job a treat, shocks are now fitted, no idea what it drives like yet will take her out for a run tomorrow.

Cheers for the advice :lol: