PDA

View Full Version : Willy 3 Decal

darkfibre
07-08-2009, 19:49
Yes, I know this is all in vain but it's amazing how desperate I can get sometimes...anyone have a set of Williams 3 decals for sale (need sides), or at least know where I can get a good copy?! (Not that tosh on the Bay...)

Is there more chance of me beating a Bugatti Veyron in a Reliant Robin? :shock:

MatrixGuy
07-08-2009, 20:39
The best replica ones i have come across so far are these mate:

http://www.uk-decals.com/renault-williams-3-clio-decals-195-p.asp

darkfibre
07-08-2009, 21:38
Don't look too bad...has anyone bought these? How do they fair against the originals?

FATBOY
07-08-2009, 21:58
they look good! im gonna give em a ring!!! wanna see what they look like with the one arch sticker ive got left!

MatrixGuy
07-08-2009, 23:20
they look good! im gonna give em a ring!!! wanna see what they look like with the one arch sticker ive got left!

maybe we could get a bulk discount?! :lol:

i will be buying some in the near future too.

MatrixGuy
07-08-2009, 23:22
Don't look too bad...has anyone bought these? How do they fair against the originals?

I think someone has bought these, can't remember which member it was though...... hopefully they will chime in on this thread.

TBH though mate you can't go wrong for just under £5, even if they aren't perfect, but they look very good to me.

darkfibre
08-08-2009, 09:38
The only thing I spy that is slightly out of shape is the number 3...but nonetheless it's a good effort overall...!

FATBOY
08-08-2009, 10:51
ordered!!! if they are not like for like i will ask for a refund!!! would be good to match this up and see how close it is....

MatrixGuy
08-08-2009, 14:37
ordered!!! if they are not like for like i will ask for a refund!!! would be good to match this up and see how close it is....

can you post some pictures up when you get them mate? :D

FATBOY
08-08-2009, 15:12
will do!!

darkfibre
09-08-2009, 10:34
Couldn't resist for a fiver...so I ordered one too!

IF the decals are decent enough I'm slightly inclined to remove my tail gate decal in favour of it matching exactly to the sides.

That is a big IF though!

cliopete
10-08-2009, 13:08
I got a set of these for my Williams 2. They look good but they are too small, as posted elsewhere. The ones that they supply for the sides are about the correct size for the rear.
Pete

darkfibre
11-08-2009, 19:45
Dammit.

Looks like I will have to file for a refund before I even get it delivered :(

Just to let you guys know I have got a Renault UK consultant looking into getting me replacements from France (hopefully). I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I appreciate this person taking the time to do so...even if it is for nothing...

FATBOY
11-08-2009, 20:13
right i have e mailed them regarding the sizes which are as follows

original

rear tailgate WILLIAMS decal = 150mm wide x 32mm high x 1
side arch WILLIAMS decal = 166mm wide x 36mm high x 2
side number 3 = 21mm wide x 36mm high x 2
rear number 3 = 20mm wide x 33mm high x1

there sticker sizes are as follows

rear tailgate WILLIAMS decal = 131 1/2 mm wide x 27 1/2 mm high x 1
side arch WILLIAMS decal = 144 1/2 mm wide x 30mm high x 2
side number 3 = 30mm wide x 22 1/2 mm high x 2
rear number 3 = 20mm wide x 22mm high x1

and i have asked them if they can make them up to proper size. as the colours are quiet a close match....

FATBOY
11-08-2009, 20:50
has anyone got a decent picture of the number "2" (side and rear) and the sizes of the arch and the tailgate 2's please

MatrixGuy
11-08-2009, 23:22
Hmm, quite a size difference then.

Did they get back to you on making them up to proper size mate? That would be good!!

darkfibre
12-08-2009, 12:39
Agreed. The colours a quite a close match, but the sizes are way out. Have mailed them to see if they can change them to the correct sizes. I've also sent them a pic of my current number '3' lettering to see if they can possibly get one to match.

FATBOY
12-08-2009, 17:50
ive mailed them the dimensions and some pictures of what they should look like..

heres the reply

Thank you for your mail concerning the williams decals, The
measurements and colours we have are based on a clio williams calling in at our
shop one day two years ago, we took the measurements and colours from this, so
in all honesty they are an exact match to that particular car, however, i do
appreciate your time in mailing, and i will happily try and make you a set with
your required specs from the sizes and pics you have supplied, I will be away
today and thursday on business but i shall sit on friday and design to your
specs, and i will be happy to send you a free set so that you can compare them
to your originals, I hope this is acceptable.

Kind Regards
Jason Bounds
UK
Decals

this could be good!!! :D :D

col
12-08-2009, 18:36
Fingers crossed for you Paul! :wink:

webby
12-08-2009, 18:39
good work! just shows having a little moan can work wonders.

looks like you may have solved the on going sticker problem!

darkfibre
12-08-2009, 19:39
I'm (potentially) so fcukin happy!!!!!!!! :D

Wobba
12-08-2009, 20:26

original

and i have asked them if they can make them up to proper size. as the colours are quiet a close match....

Aew these the same for willy1 sticker sizes?

MatrixGuy
12-08-2009, 21:28
ive mailed them the dimensions and some pictures of what they should look like..

heres the reply

Thank you for your mail concerning the williams decals, The
measurements and colours we have are based on a Williams clio calling in at our
shop one day two years ago, we took the measurements and colours from this, so
in all honesty they are an exact match to that particular car, however, i do
appreciate your time in mailing, and i will happily try and make you a set with
your required specs from the sizes and pics you have supplied, I will be away
today and thursday on business but i shall sit on friday and design to your
specs, and i will be happy to send you a free set so that you can compare them
to your originals, I hope this is acceptable.

Kind Regards
Jason Bounds
UK
Decals

this could be good!!! :D :D

Nice one, that's nice of them!! Sound like a good company to me!

FATBOY
12-08-2009, 21:28
i guess they are???? if someone could get some dimensions from there car, then we could make sure these are spot on too...

MatrixGuy
12-08-2009, 21:41
Well i only have the rear sticker so someone else will have to provide measurements of the arch decal?

darkfibre
12-08-2009, 21:53
I'll try and get some for tomorrow.

FATBOY
12-08-2009, 22:02
well can anyone on here get confirmation on the williams 1 decals? and the same goes for the williams 2 as well (including the "2")

MatrixGuy
12-08-2009, 22:18
I will post up measurments for the rear williams 2 decal tommorrow lunch.

Wobba
13-08-2009, 14:18
well can anyone on here get confirmation on the williams 1 decals? and the same goes for the williams 2 as well (including the "2")

I'll try and confirm this later, at work at mo...

MatrixGuy
13-08-2009, 17:58
god damn, was too busy to measure at lunch. will try and do it tonight or tommorrow morning if possible.

Iain

Wobba
13-08-2009, 18:00
side arch WILLIAMS decal = 166mm wide x 36mm high

This is correct for the original Willy1 as well. I measured it more like 35mm high though.

simonr85
13-08-2009, 20:46
My williams 1 decals should be ready this weekend too, i scanned in the 1s i bought from Yanoo as they were nearly identical, the size are correct as stated on this thread, the only difference was on the letter S that coops noticed and the points on the W were a little different, i have then used photoshop to trace the scanned image and fix the little bits that were wrong and will be taking it on disc to my local stickershop this weekend where they can match the gold to the originals on my car (hopefully)

FATBOY
13-08-2009, 20:48
excellent simon! would be good to see what these look like also!

Yanoo_
13-08-2009, 21:19
These stickers were sent to Simon:

side arch decal:

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/W_side_st.jpg

rear tailgate decal:

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/W_boot_st.jpg

These stickers were made by a local company, the length and height were measured on my car. Unfortunately the guy could not make infilled decals, only the outline.
Simon: what's wrong with the letter 'W'? As I wrote formerly I think they are good copies with good letters but without infill.

simonr85
13-08-2009, 21:28
Simon: what's wrong with the letter 'W'? As I wrote formerly I think they are good copies with good letters but without infill.

If you look at the ones on my car on this pic the points on the inside of the W are sharper than the 1s i got off you, i didnt even notice myself until i started redrawing the decals to do the S, im not complaining tho mate, they were well worth the money as they are probably the best 1s anyone has made so far and hopefully they will enable me to get perfect copys made up :lol:

http://www.36t.co.uk/rwx_gallery/stick2.JPG

FATBOY
13-08-2009, 22:02
darkfibre, are you jermaine??

darkfibre
13-08-2009, 23:32
:wink:

darkfibre
14-08-2009, 10:12

original

FATBOY,

Are the bits in bold correct? My rear tailgate measures:

166mm wide x 36mm high (which is your side arch)

I don't have measurements for the sides.

Weren't the side arches' decals smaller than the tailgate??

If it is, then the incorrect quantities were requested above?

darkfibre
14-08-2009, 10:15
Forgot to add, my rear 3 is:

21mm wide x 36mm high (which is also your side measurements...)

Purple
14-08-2009, 11:27
Here's a big jpeg copy of the Williams logo that I made from a PDF file someone else created (Sorry, I can't remember who did that).

Feel free to use it to help make the decals.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/ppsun/Williams-1.jpg

simonr85
14-08-2009, 12:55

nope tailgate sticker is smaller! Im sure

Wobba
14-08-2009, 13:23
Message from UK Decals:

No worries, the sizes had already been update to the new sizes as based on info received from the williams forum members

Kind Regards
Jason Bounds
UK Decals

Wobba
14-08-2009, 13:23

nope tailgate sticker is smaller! Im sure

It is smaller, fakt.

_ol_
14-08-2009, 14:13
I just bought a Williams (1) set, they are about 1cm smaller on the side placements, but the boot sticker is pretty much spot on from what I can tell.

MatBrown
14-08-2009, 17:39

original

FATBOY,

Are the bits in bold correct? My rear tailgate measures:

166mm wide x 36mm high (which is your side arch)

I don't have measurements for the sides.

If it is, then the incorrect quantities were requested above?

The sides were bigger than the tailgate.

Mat.

Twincam
14-08-2009, 19:37
After reading this thread it looks like people are still struggling getting correct replica stickers made.

Now depending on whether people could help me I actually work for a sign company. Infact the company I work for produce the graphics for all the M-sport WRC cars for a bit of useless information :wink:

Now the williams I own which im breaking has had replica stickers already fitted so I wouldnt like to think there right.

What Il need would be, good photos of the side and rear stickers. To make sure they are the correct shape and exact size I could really do with a rubbing of the sticker so I can accurately draw and size each part. I will also need a piece of an orginal sticker to colour match it the best we can. The problem with colours are that all these cars have been driving around now for about 14 years, so the vinyl will be sun bleached.

Just thought I might be able to help :D

Twincam
14-08-2009, 19:39
An what I meant by a vinyl sample if someone has a scrap panel they could take it off that

Rich

FATBOY
14-08-2009, 21:17
whereabouts are you twincam???? i have one arch williams sticker, and 3 number 3 stickers, but i dont want to be sending them out again(long story, once bitten twice shy if ya get me)

MatrixGuy
14-08-2009, 23:51
Cheers for your help Twincam!!! :D

Twincam
15-08-2009, 09:14
I live near Penrith in Cumbria, which will be a long way no doubt from the majority of the people on here but worth it for the lack of traffic and great roads :wink:

I understand your concern Fatboy, and wouldnt expect you to send me your genuine stickers but if you could do a high enough quality tracing/rubbing that would help.

I will need a sample of the vinyl though to try and match the colour. Like I said if someone has a bent tailgate or is repainting there car a sample would be very helpful. Each vinyl manufactures gold gloss are quite different so it would be a matter of matching to the closest one.

Dont mind helping if it will resolve even the simple thing of making them the right size :D

MatrixGuy
15-08-2009, 13:33
I live in Lancaster mate. :D

FATBOY
17-08-2009, 17:49
received today! the sizing is spot on!!!! :D :D :D

MatrixGuy
17-08-2009, 17:50

which one did you recieve mate? the one from that site?!

FATBOY
17-08-2009, 17:53
yes. it was the revised measurements that i took from my originals...

_ol_
17-08-2009, 17:54
So have they changed from the ones I got last week then? Have the measurements been sorted now?

MatBrown
17-08-2009, 18:11

And the colours?

Mat.

MatrixGuy
17-08-2009, 19:27
Pictures mate?

How do we order the revised ones then?

FATBOY
17-08-2009, 19:47
i will e mail jason regarding the decals, (if there now the new size or not)

this picture is of the old wrong size i was sent, as you can see the 3 was wrong, the colour is not as dark as it looks(thats due to the scanner) and the left hand side of the decal has the front clear film on it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fatboy78/nonerealone.jpg

and this one shows the old one with the new side and arch decals

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fatboy78/srtgwerg.jpg

darkfibre
17-08-2009, 20:07
I got them in the post today too! Very kind guy, took my comments and suggestions (and Fatboy's) into consideration and churned these out.

They are THE best replicas I've seen. Period.

The arch on top of the 3 could be 'silightly' more rounded/few mm taller, but other than that they are very very good.

darkfibre
17-08-2009, 20:08
^^ But that's me being very picky!! :P

MatrixGuy
17-08-2009, 20:13
Awesome!! These are good!

What a result :D

When you going to email the owner mate?

FATBOY
17-08-2009, 20:27
they are now being sold as the new size, but dont order just yet. im gonna bite the bullet and send him my original decal... :D get the colour match as close as possible...

col
17-08-2009, 20:32
I see they build heroes in Clacton.......best of luck Paul you deserve it ! :wink:

MatBrown
17-08-2009, 20:34
they are now being sold as the new size, but dont order just yet. im gonna bite the bullet and send him my original decal... :D get the colour match as close as possible...

Better tell him to get some stock built up too.
He's going to be busy! :wink:

Mat.

MatrixGuy
17-08-2009, 20:39

Sweeeeeeet!!! :D Nice one mate.

MatrixGuy
17-08-2009, 20:40
Make sure you send the decal Royal Mail Special Delivery! lol

FATBOY
17-08-2009, 21:36
decals in the post as of tomorrow AM :D

Twincam
17-08-2009, 22:00
Glad you guys got finally sorted,

but if you require any help just give me a shout, im more than welcome to help any one out

Rich

darkfibre
17-08-2009, 22:10
Big up FATBOYYYYYYY!

FATBOY
17-08-2009, 22:40
e mail reply from jason who is helping out our cause

I've been following the thread on the forum, I totally understand why you all want the decals spot on, i too am picky, but with my expertise, and all your combined knowledge i'm sure we can get all the williams, williams 2 and williams 3 decals as true to the originals as possible, even the hybrid decals, the only stumbling block may well be the blue vinyl, it maybe a case of as near as will have to do, there are a few threads that mention the original blue was a metalic, if this is the case, firstly metalic vinyl is way expensive, this would be one reason Renault charge so much for the originals, but in my opinion of making replica decals over the years dealers are just rip off merchants, i'm sure you'll all agree, but i do have swatches here for metalic vinyls, and i will look through them and compare them to the original that Paul is sending. Others mention that it is a very dark navy blue, I personally can't see it being that dark based on the original colour of the williams paintwork, but within my swatches including metalics and standard vinyls i have 31 shades of blue to compare, these vinyls are from Hexis, Ritrama, Oracal, Aslan and GrapityP, these are the main five players within the vinyls market. And if there is not an EXACT match there then the vinyl will only exist with the stocks that Renault hold.

As for the decal text, many of you may not be aware that the williams font including the numbers is not a standard font, it is a made up piece of text created by the designers at Renault, creating an exact replica can not be done via an image that some one emails, Paul is kindly sending me an original decal, from this I scan it in and vectorise it so that is shows every line and curve on the screen in front of me, this way we can get the top of the "3" correct, we can also get the exact width of the gold outline right, The closest font available to the williams text is "Impact" but even this is not great, but it does help as a starting point.

But as I say, i'll do my absolute best to recreate you 100% original replicas

Kind Regards
Jason Bounds
UK Decals

MatrixGuy
18-08-2009, 00:30
WOW, that is awesome... cheers Jason! :D

I take it this can be done for the Williams '2' decal too?

FATBOY
18-08-2009, 18:04
get some decent pictures of the "2" decals(arch and tailgate) on your cars and i can send him the pictures...

northy
18-08-2009, 20:59
if you want me to send him the CAD files that i drew for the williansclio logo i can do paul

FATBOY
18-08-2009, 21:03
cheers northy! i think he would appreciate that. tell him who you are etc. jasons mail is sales@uk-decals.com

MatBrown
18-08-2009, 22:28
He needs to update the willy 1 decals, they should be just a gold outline with no blue infill.

Mat.

cliopete
19-08-2009, 08:58
get some decent pictures of the "2" decals(arch and tailgate) on your cars and i can send him the pictures...
I have an original/genuine side and rear no. 2 left over from the set I bought from Renault a couple of years ago. You can have them to help the cause of originality. I actually bought a set from UK decals recently in advance of having my rear arches redone but they were too small as posted earlier.
Pete

MatrixGuy
19-08-2009, 18:03
I have an original/genuine side and rear no. 2 left over from the set I bought from Renault a couple of years ago. You can have them to help the cause of originality. I actually bought a set from UK decals recently in advance of having my rear arches redone but they were too small as posted earlier.
Pete

Nice one mate. 8)

FATBOY
19-08-2009, 19:59
email received today...

For the attention of - Paul

Hi Mate, Received the Williams 3 decal today, will have it back in the mail for you Thursday Morning via Special Delivery.

(Please add this to the forum if you will)

Hi All,

Concerning the Williams 3 Decal that Paul has kindly mailed to me to look at.
Ok here are my professional opinions as a sign maker. The vinyl is a Metalic Blue vinyl made espacially for digital printing by a French company called Dourdin, this company makes rolls of speciallity vinyls, much like my previous note mentioning Hexis, Ritrama, Oracal etc etc..... what does this mean ? ok, the company that supplied the Williams 3 decal that paul has sent me is not made by Renault themeselves, the work was carried out by a very large sign maker / manufacturers, why do i say this? Ok, the vinyl used is Metallic Blue, in vinyl terms, this is a blue vinyl that has very minute particles of metal flake added to the colour just before it sets, much like a cars paint work, the difference with this decal is the Gold colour, the gold is actually digitally printed on to the metallic blue to create the outline, where as my decals are two actual layers, one of blue and one of gold.

To be able to digitally print true gold on to a metallic blue take a serious piece of kit, your standard digital printer that some sign shops have is not able to do this and these machines are around £12000, the machine the williams decals have been done on costs around £450000.00 thats the difference. You'll probably find that this particular company produces many decals for all the different manufacturers. (This is only my opinion after looking at the actual decal in person)

What I can do? ok, the Williams 3 decals can now be made to the exact same size, the gold will still be a little darker as the solid gold colour vinyl that i use is very different to digitally printed gold, as for the blue, of the 30+ colour shades of blue swatches i have, none match exactly, non of the metallics are anyway near, however there is a blue from "Oracal" called "050 Dark Blue" that is probably the closest match you will be able to get, I have just ordered a roll and will recieve it in a few days, I will make a set of williams 3 decals up and send them to Paul to see what he thinks, he can then let you all know.

I will mention one point i have noticed, On Pauls Williams 3 decal there is a flaw.

As you will see on all the williams decals the blue is surrounded by a solid gold outline, this outline should be the exact same distance around the letters, but on Pauls original the "S" is shifted slightly more to the left, thus causing the outline to be thicker on the right of the decal than the left, this won't mean a lot to you all reading this, but as a sign maker it shows me that the digital printer that was used to make the decals is not calibrated very well, meaning that the batch that came off that machine are all flawed. Paul will understand what I mean when I mail him the decal back. It's not a major issue but once you see it and it's pointed out to you, it kinda sticks in your mind as not perfect, and Renault are charging how much for these sets?

Kind Regards
Jason Bounds
UK Decals

this is the best were gonna get guys and im sure im going to be more than happy with the final print hes going to send me. obviously renault had the stickers made so they could not be copied easily...

Smokey McPot
19-08-2009, 21:58
Any word on the Williams decals without the infill?

Wobba
20-08-2009, 00:26
Any word on the Williams decals without the infill?

Got mine at work, but I am so busy I left them there. Didn't get a chance too look much. I'll have a peep and compare tomorrow!

darkfibre
20-08-2009, 05:31
Email from Paul received earlier today:

Concerning the Williams Decals (Without the infill) that a few of you are asking about, The website has now been updated to the new size for this set, I already know that williams (1) decals had no infill, the set on the website that has the blue and gold was a custom job for a french customer, and is on the website incase anyone else wanted to purchase them, the outline only ones are also there with the choice of colours, but they are now the correct sizes. Thanks

Kind Regards
Jason Bounds
UK Decals

MatrixGuy
20-08-2009, 12:53
I am not bothered if they are not to the exact specification, as long as they look good, which they do! :D

darkfibre
20-08-2009, 14:15
^ I think everyone shares this feeling mate! 8)

Smokey McPot
20-08-2009, 15:06
They can't be any worse than the rubbish that some people are pedalling.

Plus, you could be pretty certain that the finish and placement of all the decals on the cars will be different in some way. After all, they were stuck on by Frenchmen and not machines.

darkfibre
22-08-2009, 12:45
Preview of the new Willy 3 decals. Boy do they look good!:

FATBOY
22-08-2009, 13:21
received my originals back today.... just waiting on some 2's to be sent to me so i can forward them onto jason. and now just waiting for the final revised set of williams 3 decals to be sent to me. then it will be the thumbs up me thinks!!! and for that price people you cant complain. :D

MatBrown
22-08-2009, 13:24
Ask him if he wants to put on his advert 'Official replicas of the www.williamsclio.co.uk owners club'?
:thumbsup:

Mat.

MatrixGuy
22-08-2009, 18:10
Preview of the new Willy 3 decals. Boy do they look good!:

Sweet jesus!!! :shock:

They look soooooo good.

busterhymes
22-08-2009, 19:36
so when do we get the important ones :wink:

MatBrown
22-08-2009, 19:43

Already on his site.

Mat.

col
22-08-2009, 20:59
WHy coudnt we find this guy earlier?.........what a star,no messin biff bash bosh......here,s your decals !! :shock:

Ill be orderin number 2,s :D

Allan
23-08-2009, 09:44
Have the Williams 2 ones been done aswell ?

FATBOY
23-08-2009, 12:08

im waiting for cliopete to send me a pair (arch and tailgate) of original "2's" then jason can look over them and get them spot on too

FATBOY
23-08-2009, 12:13
check the homepage

http://www.uk-decals.com/

FATBOY
23-08-2009, 12:13
Ask him if he wants to put on his advert 'Official replicas of the www.williamsclio.co.uk owners club'?

Mat.

all sorted mat http://www.uk-decals.com/

MatrixGuy
23-08-2009, 17:36

yes, when do we get the williams 2 ones? lol :lol:

FATBOY
23-08-2009, 17:41

3 posts above mate :D

busterhymes
23-08-2009, 18:51

sorry think your getting confused with ur numbers again :wink:

northy
23-08-2009, 19:38

Mat.
all sorted mat http://www.uk-decals.com/

jesus thats a old logo paul - how come u didnt use the one ontop of the forum ???

FATBOY
23-08-2009, 19:59
he copied it himself.

northy
23-08-2009, 20:25
haha :oops:

any more pictures of these stickers then - do i need to get my wallet out ?

FATBOY
23-08-2009, 20:38
should get mine thru tomorrow and i will put some decent scans on. im off all week(weeks holiday) so will get them up as soon as they arrive

Allan
23-08-2009, 23:04
will wait for the 2's to come out and im buying some :D

FATBOY
24-08-2009, 10:17
arrived this morning

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fatboy78/williams3.jpg

the scanner makes the gold look darker than it actually is. and the blue is about a shade lighter than on the car

cliopete
24-08-2009, 10:21

im waiting for cliopete to send me a pair (arch and tailgate) of original "2's" then jason can look over them and get them spot on too

I am working in Germany at the moment and won't be home until the end of this week. Got your pm Paul and will get them in the post as soon as possible.

Pete

FATBOY
24-08-2009, 10:57
no probs pete

MatrixGuy
24-08-2009, 17:26
Nice one Pete!

Wobba
28-08-2009, 13:04
Just to say, I got mine a week or so ago. Just checked them and they are excellent (Willy1 stickers, no in-fill).

cliorod
29-08-2009, 15:29
Yes, I know this is all in vain but it's amazing how desperate I can get sometimes...anyone have a set of Williams 3 decals for sale (need sides), or at least know where I can get a good copy?! (Not that tosh on the Bay...)

Not wishing to be disrespectful,to the guy who has spent a lot of time and effort in making the excellent copies for an even excellent price .... I have to ask the question WHY ~~ Did the original poster not want to pay the Renault price,
I have a pair collected this morning from a Renault main agent.

Renault part number 77 00 847 769 RRP £27:17 plus vat ~~~ and still available.
If the part number is incorrect/or is not the decal is not the one for the Williams 3,would someone tell me which model they are from,as I am going to put them Ebay
Regards
Rod

MatBrown
29-08-2009, 18:08
Unfortunatly some parts advisors don't have the same commitment as you and would just fob the customer off with 'There no longer available!'.

Mat.

MatrixGuy
29-08-2009, 19:19

Not wishing to be disrespectful,to the guy who has spent a lot of time and effort in making the excellent copies for an even excellent price .... I have to ask the question WHY ~~ Did the original poster not want to pay the Renault price,

If the part number is incorrect/or is not the decal is not the one for the Williams 3,would someone tell me which model they are from,as I am going to put them Ebay
Regards
Rod

So only williams 3 ones available then? :?

darkfibre
30-08-2009, 08:52

Regards
Rod

To assume that I did not want to pay the original price is a bit unfair really.

I have even had Renault UK chasing for the originals in France, as my 13th post details. The Renault consultant wasn't able to source any.

Everywhere I have called (6 places) have fobbed me off with "they are not available". So what am I to do? I will attempt the next best thing and turn to this forum for help.

If you could kindly tell us if the ones you receive are for the W3 then I will go ahead and order some now that you have supplied the relevant part number.

cliorod
30-08-2009, 09:57
Dark Fibre

I was not assuming anything,it doesn't matter one iota to me what /how you spend your cash.I apologise if that is the way you interpret my reply.
I was just making a statement,that if the part number I gave

77 00 847 769

Is the correct part number
Any of your Renault agents will check it for you, if they are the ones,they are available in England !!! (3 days) ~~ I have seen these on my Renault agents Dialogist etc !!!!.

If you want a pair,(and that number is correct) I have them sat here £50 plus postage for the pair.

People on the forum,who know me and I have sourced literally thousands of pounds worth of O/E Renault parts for them

darkfibre
30-08-2009, 10:10
Sorry I didn't want to come across as not having tried to source the originals. Thanks for clarifying the correct number.

cliorod
30-08-2009, 11:46
Dark Fibre

Sorry I didn't want to come across as not having tried to source the originals. Thanks for clarifying the correct number.

No problem,Like I said ~~ I am not sure of the number,if someone on here with a Willy 3 would pm me,with their VIN code,I will get my parts man to 100% sort it .
Rod

FATBOY
30-08-2009, 13:11
as far as im aware and have been told... the numbers 2 and 3 decals are no longer available...

darkfibre
30-08-2009, 15:36
^ Same here.

cliorod
30-08-2009, 19:37
This is THE DECAL !!!!! :wink: :cry: :oops:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/Cliorod/Picture.jpg

And the box/packet it came in,THIS is still available.
In my geriatic brain,I did not realise it was the numbers you were after.I will check this out on Tuesday :oops: :cry: :oops:
Apologies to all ~~ It is what happens to you after "supping" lots of Coppaberg and Weston's cider and you approach the timely number of 60 :cry: :wink: :roll: :cry:.

darkfibre
04-09-2009, 00:36
cliorod,

Any luck on investigating the decals?

cliopete
04-09-2009, 12:47
I've just dug out the no. 2 decals that I will send to "Fatboy". The Renault part No. for a pack of 3 is 7701389934 if anybody wants to check out if they are still available. The part no. for the side decal for a Williams 2 is 7700841063, I still have the original Renault packaging that mine came in.
Pete

cliopete
04-09-2009, 13:48
The mystery deepens!!! Just checked the sizes of the 2s I’m about to send to “Fatboy” and they are the same size 36mm high x 21mm wide. I had assumed that what I should have had was one of each of the side and rear decals left over from the set I bought a couple of years ago. Just checked sizes of the 2s on my car and they are all the same size 29mm high x 19mm wide?????
Pete

Wobba
04-09-2009, 13:58
Where Willy 1's have no infill, I cannot fault UK-Decals work for my car. At £3.99 they are a great price too. My bodyshop people who have done Williams's before have asked me how the hell I got these as they couldn't source any accurate copies for previous customers...

I dont care about OEM ones tbh.

cliorod
04-09-2009, 22:58
Dark Fibre

My parts manager,who investigates all these anomalies that the forum throws up :lol: :roll: :lol: ,is away on holiday for another week.I will sort it out upon his return :wink: :wink:

Regards
Rod

cliopete
05-09-2009, 10:02
Dark Fibre

My parts manager,who investigates all these anomalies that the forum throws up :lol: :roll: :lol: ,is away on holiday for another week.I will sort it out upon his return :wink: :wink:

Regards
Rod

Hi Rod,
The numbers that I have quoted are correct for a Williams 2 as your man at Kitchens sourced them for me. I assume that the 2s and 3s will be different because of the different coloured infill.

Pete

darkfibre
15-09-2009, 14:24
cliorod, any scoop on the decals?

FATBOY
15-09-2009, 16:09
any luck pete with sending the "2's" ????

cliopete
15-09-2009, 21:18
any luck pete with sending the "2's" ????

Been a bit hectic since I got home from Germany. I have dug them out but there are 2 side "2s" not a side and rear as I originally thought, as posted above. I'll get them in the post tomorrow.

Pete

cliorod
18-09-2009, 01:16
Dark Fibre,

Good news I finally got some details prices and numbers :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Bad news :( :cry: Neither the "2's" or the "3's" ~~~ numbers are available.

Clio Williams 2:~
Side Decal:~ 77 00 841 063 ~~ £65:95
Rear Decal:~ 77 00 841 062 ~~ £29:29

Clio Williams 3:~
Side Decal :~ 77 00 847 769 ~~ £27:17
Rear Decal:~ 77 00 847 770 ~~ £36:87

No that is no that is not a mistake,the Willy 3 decal is dearer than the side decal for the same vehicle.

All are still available ~~ Prices shown,do not include VAT !!

I hope this helps.
Regards
Rodders

MatrixGuy
18-09-2009, 18:11
So the decals are still available for the willy 2 and 3?

Why is the willy 2 side decal £65.95?!

cliorod
18-09-2009, 19:11

Matrix,to quote the parts manager when I asked the same question :roll: :roll: "They have probably got some fresh out of university wizz kid in France to re~price these" :lol: :lol: ~~He is actually in contact with Renault France highlighting this pricing and certain other items ~~ If he gets a reduction,I will post it on here.
As my reply ~~ the numbers listed are available.
Regards
Rod

busterhymes
18-09-2009, 19:31

Matrix,to quote the parts manager when I asked the same question :roll: :roll: "They have probably got some fresh out of university wizz kid in France to re~price these" :lol: :lol: ~~He is actually in contact with Renault France highlighting this pricing and certain other items ~~ If he gets a reduction,I will post it on here.
As my reply ~~ the numbers listed are available.
Regards
Rod

same price for williams decals

Wolfie
25-09-2009, 13:34
I ordered some willy 3 Decals from UK Decals and as some of you may have seen on the photos i posted recently, they look as someone quoted "Shitty". Anyway, the infill was too light as the pictures prove and the gold is not as metalic as the originals but nether the less would have been pleased if the infil had been close. I ordered two sets just in case, and passed the spare copies onto my local decal maker who is making me two copies of them with a more metalic gold and no infill so they should then be bob on!! I pick them up monday so will post a pic on the car and the decals off once I receive them, if they are good enough i'll set up supply unless UK decals can do them with no infill and a better gold?? Don't want to make waves but seems as though everything thats bulled up to be good turns out like a pile of poo :?

wrighty
25-09-2009, 15:48
But the original williams 2 and 3 decals did have infills so if you are after as close to original as possible the outline version only will be different.

Good to hear you have found another potential source though!

FATBOY
25-09-2009, 17:39
ive e mailed jason @ uk decals regarding this (the infill to light etc etc) but have had no reply as of yet??? ive also got some genuine 2'2 to send him to copy...

northy
25-09-2009, 19:50
i got mine - for the money they arent bad at all

but for me they wont be going on the car, the line width varies on the 'w' where its been trimmed to much.

Genuine is as always the only way

Wolfie
25-09-2009, 22:20
Too true Wrighty, but as has been reported on here previously, the infill on the W3 decals supplied by Renault cannot be replicated economically, therefore best fit for me is pay £5 for an as close as poss at a a reasonable price which can only be no infill, therefore showing the pearl effect of the paintwork beneath the decal.

Tommo
26-09-2009, 18:58
i got mine - for the money they arent bad at all

but for me they wont be going on the car, the line width varies on the 'w' where its been trimmed to much.

Genuine is as always the only way

But genuine aren't available anymore are they? Can't believe it's been so difficult getting good copies made, surely there's somebody who can get it almost perfect? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for good ones...

MatBrown
26-09-2009, 19:25
You can get genuine williams 2/3 words but the numbers are not available.
Williams 1 haven't been available for a while.

Mat.

FATBOY
30-09-2009, 21:43
right people. after all the trouble i have been through to get some decent replicas sorted out from uk decals. it now seems he doesnt want to answer my e mails :( i now have a pair of original "2's" that need to be replicated... is there anyone else on this site that can help??????? this will be the 3rd and final time i ask. as im getting so fed up with it all now...

GabrielKnight
30-09-2009, 21:52
Is there more chance of me beating a Bugatti Veyron in a Reliant Robin? :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiB9N2nTimE

Wolfie
30-09-2009, 22:01
My supplier has made my 'no infil' williams 3 decals. I gave him the spare copies from uk decals and asked him to replicate but asked for a different gold. I have put them on my car and if the sizes from uk decals are correct then these are, and look better IMHO. Not had chance to post pics yet but will do on Frida, so if you're happy as I am I can get the twos replicated with no infil. However, he will have to charge £10 delivered per set. Im not getting involved where money is involved so you get them direct. Let me know after Friday. :)

GabrielKnight
30-09-2009, 22:26
Dark Fibre,

Good news I finally got some details prices and numbers :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Bad news :( :cry: Neither the "2's" or the "3's" ~~~ numbers are available.

Williams clio 2:~
Side Decal:~ 77 00 841 063 ~~ £65:95
Rear Decal:~ 77 00 841 062 ~~ £29:29

Williams clio 3:~
Side Decal :~ 77 00 847 769 ~~ £27:17
Rear Decal:~ 77 00 847 770 ~~ £36:87

No that is no that is not a mistake,the Willy 3 decal is dearer than the side decal for the same vehicle.

All are still available ~~ Prices shown,do not include VAT !!

I hope this helps.
Regards
Rodders

It's short sighted. I have a mint Williams 3 and would be willing to pay £100 for a big ol' sticker that probably cost them a £2 at the time.

So you can get a 'Williams' sticker but not the number 3? What's the point of that? The '3' wears out as quick as the word 'Williams'? Who has an immacuate number '3' but an aging 'Williams'? Buying an authentic word Williams' and a fake '3' will show up more obviously than buying the whole decal as fake, n'est pas?

col
01-10-2009, 21:39
F**K IT Ill write mine on in crayon.........people will think its primitive!

MatrixGuy
01-10-2009, 22:33
right people. after all the trouble i have been through to get some decent replicas sorted out from uk decals. it now seems he doesnt want to answer my e mails :( i now have a pair of original "2's" that need to be replicated... is there anyone else on this site that can help??????? this will be the 3rd and final time i ask. as im getting so fed up with it all now...

that's a shame. Maybe he is on holiday?! :?

col
02-10-2009, 09:36
All this trouble over something you stick on your car,

I really feel for you guys ,who put themselves out for others.

For something so small could cause the "Pit of Dispair"

THANKS FOR TRYING ANYWAY!

regards col

MatBrown
02-10-2009, 10:58

that's a shame. Maybe he is on holiday?! :?

He's having a clear-out on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Williams-Clio-2-Decals-Stickers-Set_W0QQitemZ200389911827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea82b6513&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Mat.

Wolfie
03-10-2009, 18:57
As promised I have a pic of the decal I had made, click on the photobucket link.

I think it is ok and am pleased with the outcome. If you think it is ok I can arrange for some 2's to be replicated if anyone can supply the sizing then our decal probs are all sorted. By the way, I think no infill is the best/ most economical option as the pearl effect swatches are not available any longer, therefore the williams 3 decals cannot be replicated exact.

Prices are £10 delivered per set of 3 decals and I will post the makers details if anyone is interested. Let me know :)

http://s800.photobucket.com/albums/yy287/graymondcalf/

busterhymes
03-10-2009, 19:49
guessing the williams ones available too

Wolfie
03-10-2009, 20:01
ye no probs with doing williams, williams 2 and williams 3.

Smokey McPot
04-10-2009, 10:56

Mat.

I presume this is including trying to contact France?

I'm ****ed if so :(

busterhymes
04-10-2009, 11:01

Mat.

I'm f**ked if so :(

puzzled as my renault dealer when i enquired said they were available for williams :?

Allan
06-10-2009, 15:27
Intrested in decals if you can get the 2's done

MatBrown
06-10-2009, 21:36

Mat.

puzzled as my renault dealer when i enquired said they were available for williams :?

Buy as many as he can get then!

Mat.

Wolfie
07-10-2009, 07:54
Intrested in decals if you can get the 2's done

Ive asked darkfibre to champion getting a full size copy/ pdf of the williams/ 2's and 3's as we think they can be further improved, then we should have a reliable source.

If anyone can help I can def get them sorted.

busterhymes
07-10-2009, 08:04

Mat.

Buy as many as he can get then!

goin to check again but reckon they have got it wrong but at those prices cant afford anyway

Mat.

FATBOY
07-10-2009, 18:01
as said before. i have a genuine williams 3 side and rear WILLIAMS decal side and rear 3's and its either a side or rear genuine number 2 that cliopete kindly sent me...

col
07-10-2009, 18:33
MY BRAIN HURTS............can i order a set of willys decals with "2" s an get them in three weeks time?............cause my cars being sprayed!!! :roll:

Wolfie
07-10-2009, 22:05
Ok, Fatboy, send me the originals, as the way i read it you have all the variants we need to get them made bar one of the two's, but I can get my man to downsize/ upsize it to suit. If you can get them to me by Friday, I'll get them to my Decal man and he will have them made by the following Monday/ Tuesday. I'll send the copies and the originals back to you then for your go ahead, but remember they will all be without infill colour.

Col if I get them as soon as above you'll have your set ready for the respray.

Fatboy, i'll pm you my address and you yours by return.

col
07-10-2009, 22:08
"ARHOO werewolf of london"............love that song

cheers wolfie :lol:

Allan
08-10-2009, 11:51
i could really do with a full set of williams 2 ones.

i would of been able to get an original 2 shading but the car is now in the body shop.

Wolfie
08-10-2009, 17:14
i could really do with a full set of williams 2 ones.

i would of been able to get an original 2 shading but the car is now in the body shop.

I can only get them with no infill as metallic infills are nearlly impossible to get at a reasonable price.

col
15-10-2009, 21:24
THatll do for me, as i said before book me a set with number 2,s

wolfie pm me who i need to pay etc......ta!

FATBOY
15-10-2009, 21:32
the proofs should be ready tomorrow. and i sent him an original "2" decal to replicate!!!

MatrixGuy
15-10-2009, 21:44
I want some willy 2 ones too if they get made up wolfie :D

Wolfie
17-10-2009, 10:59
The original decals have been scanned and are supposed to be spot on, I get the proofs on Tuesday and am forwarding them to Paul (FATBOY) same day for his scrutineering!!! If he agrees with me on the quality then we should be up and running.

The way my decal man wants to produce the dacals is by supplying a full set of williams side and rear, plus the 2's and 3's in each set irrespective of whether you require williams 1, 2 or 3!! He reckons its will save him time in the long run. I'll talk about price once we are happy with the quality, but no worries they won't be renault cheap :)

col
18-10-2009, 11:48
OH good then i can claim to own three willys hehe! :lol: .....or in my case two! :cry:

Wolfie
20-10-2009, 16:15
Got the proofs back today, ive measured them to the original decal dimensions and they are spot on to 1/2mm out in places, so near as dam it.

Im sending the proofs off to Paul (Fatboy) today for the ok and two samples of the gold vinyl.

If Paul says yes then I can start shipping them out later this week.

col
20-10-2009, 18:45
Wahoooooooooooooo! :lol:

Allan
20-10-2009, 22:19
so keep us informed, im needing a set now ;)

MatrixGuy
21-10-2009, 08:57
Wahoooooooooo 8)

northy
26-10-2009, 22:36
1 to 2mm is a bit over such a small sticker mate, can you send me a set to compair to what i have, maybe i can help with a bit of CAD for u

Wolfie
26-10-2009, 23:12
1 to 2mm is a bit over such a small sticker mate, can you send me a set to compair to what i have, maybe i can help with a bit of CAD for u

Northy, and everyone else, 1/2 means HALF a mm.

northy
27-10-2009, 09:26
so you mean 0.5mm?

busterhymes
27-10-2009, 09:44
pretty obvious isnt it :wink:

northy
27-10-2009, 09:47
:lol:

Wolfie
27-10-2009, 09:47
No its ok thanks Northy, don't need the cad drawings as I think we have them bob on.

Paul (FATBOY) has given his seal of approval to the Williams Decals and has suggested that I use a lighter gold vinyl, so I am putting them into production.

The price is £15 per set, williams, williams 2 and williams 3 (two side and one tailgate). This way there will be no confusion with my decal maker and I can order a small stock instead a few of each variant.

Just to confirm the overall dimensions are within 0.5mm (half a milimetre, 1/2 mm) of the originals, as I used Paul's original Williams decal as a template. They have no infill also so no hassle getting the colour right.

If you need a set pm me with your address and payment via paypal to layhee8@hotmail.com

Happy days :)

darkfibre
27-10-2009, 15:59
Nice work guys!

wolfie, did you mention before that it was £10 per set?

Wolfie
27-10-2009, 18:01
Nice work guys!

wolfie, did you mention before that it was £10 per set?

Yes indeed I did, my man wants £15 delivered as he is giving a full set irrespective of which williams variant you have.

Nowt compared to bargain reno prices though! Its up to you fella's. :) I'll try to chip him down but i've already worn his patience thin by being so picky on the dimensions. :?

Wolfie
10-11-2009, 18:33
I now have decals ready for dispatch.

Ordering details are on a sticky either on this section or items for sale.

Cheers

:)

LEIGH-ANNE
10-11-2009, 18:35
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37477