PDA

View Full Version : clio hybrid dimmaxi turbo

walters300
07-08-2009, 19:48
:D hi lads new member here although i have dealt with a few of you, have a look on ebay at my dimma r&d prject and i want your honest opinion. i dont get offended too easily, i see critisism as constuctive and would like your opinions and realistic valuation, i have had 16v's and williams clio's since 1994, not much mechanical knowledge but learning. and with your help i want to build a jeann ragnotti replica, the kit will be easy and the engine will be left to the superiors, i.e craig from apd. fair play craig was honest and told me the engine bay looked a bit tatty, so that will start the ball rolling, i want your comments too and asssistance in getting this up to speed, also how best to seal the sump as its started to leak a bit, and i cant get the oil pressure dial working. any tips? also anybody interested with jenvey throttle bodies looking for big bhp on the cheap i am looking, bargain car lads with only a bit of easy work left,

Wobba
07-08-2009, 20:12
:D hi lads new member here although i have dealt with a few of you, have a look on ebay at my dimma r&d prject and i want your honest opinion. i dont get offended too easily, i see critisism as constuctive and would like your opinions and realistic valuation, i have had 16v's and williams clio's since 1994, not much mechanical knowledge but learning. and with your help i want to build a jeann ragnotti replica, the kit will be easy and the engine will be left to the superiors, i.e craig from apd. fair play craig was honest and told me the engine bay looked a bit tatty, so that will start the ball rolling, i want your comments too and asssistance in getting this up to speed, also how best to seal the sump as its started to leak a bit, and i cant get the oil pressure dial working. any tips? also anybody interested with jenvey throttle bodies looking for big bhp on the cheap i am looking, bargain car lads with only a bit of easy work left,

Sumps crack a fair bit I hear. I have a spare, but I am not sure what to do with it as I may rebuild my damaged F7R engine and use it later...

Oil pressure...well it could be the the spade connector on the pressure gauge. It's located under the far right of the exhaust manifold on the block, a single wire. Theres a few pics about.

As for tatty engine bay, for a proper clean get the engine out and in bits to clean parts and give the 'bay and good going over along with the subframe. Fun job :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/The%20Big%20One/DSC01411.jpg

walters300
07-08-2009, 20:38
:lol: thanks wobba and nice to meet you :wink: i have no crack in the sump but the seal has gone, sat underneath the car with my halfords special seat pondering and wondering what sealant to use, engine is 100% and gauge flicks up on ignition so i dont understand why it wont work, as an electrician i will admit the spade aint perfect! thats tomorrow. thanks mate

16v_paddy
07-08-2009, 21:23
You want a proper gasket for the sump :wink: , it's from a different engine but fits fine, I got the part number off here somewhere, it's a rubber & metal thing that's a million times better than the liquid shite thats standard IMO

Costs about £20 iirc

MAXIBOY
08-08-2009, 17:13
:D i want to build a jeann ragnotti replica, the kit will be easy

think you may be in for a shock mate..fitting a maxi kit is far from easy unless you dont care about it looking right.

walters300
09-08-2009, 14:30
sorry lads my net went awol there, thankyou very much for the advice on the sump its much appreciated and i will do a search :wink: ,
maxiboy i know its a very hard option as i watched the dimma kit go on my car and loads of cutting and grinding, the fuel pipe looks like a challenge,
i enquired with matter in france about fitting the kit and they wanted 17k to do an exact replica! i blushed and said id call the back!! but they can no longer get the metal back wings which were fitted to the original, i have a guy on the case for me and if they can be sourced it will be a very good factory finish, the bumpers and wings are easy if you get a good quality kit, 3 companys mass produce them as you well know, politecnic/ mc racing/ ac sport and i have managed to get a contact for the original makers and i am awaiting further details, i thave just about got the back end of the dimma looking very much like a maxi now, and i have made new sills and there on, if i got the rear bumper and front wings and front bumper this one would be there, but i dont want to spend anymore on it, fair play the car is a good one with you and i wish i had the time to get mine up to the same standard, if you dont mind a pain in the arse i have about a million questions for you re turbo. i havent a clue! but i am sure the gurus on here will help me, excellent site and i look forward to getting to know you all.

ianbirch
10-08-2009, 12:55
Has somebody been deleteing posts from this thread? :shock:

walters300
10-08-2009, 18:12
thank you for that jon, i am going to ponder your valued suggestions :wink: , if it doesnt go i wll stick with it and spend another 1.5k which will get it perfect with a gripper diff etc, some pics here of my weekends work, also stuck the 15s on to see how they would look, 195 65s might do it, roads are terrible in ireland for low profile, cant seem to upload the pics :roll: not the best with computers, will keep trying, any hints

walters300
10-08-2009, 18:25
ah got it. :lol:

walters300
10-08-2009, 18:26
i am getting good at this :P

walters300
10-08-2009, 18:26
1 more!

walters300
10-08-2009, 18:55
The car will look great in my eyes when painted and 5k is a bargain i think 8) although there is a reccession so maybe not :cry: . if it doesnt sell by the time it ends on ebay i will have a set of gunmetal dimma alloys just refurbed forsale if anybody is interested, and i will be looking for 100mm spacers for the rear and 75mm for the front if anybody has some spare. thanks lads

Wobba
10-08-2009, 21:31
Keep us posted :)

walters300
10-08-2009, 22:25
:wink: thanks wobba will do, i may even get around to tidying the engine bay, i was kinda shocked after my grinder effort but i dont know if i am anywhere near ready for your pic! Taking everything out sounds like fun, but from experience i reckon i would lose about 2 pints of blood on the re-fit :oops:

midge
11-08-2009, 15:13
wont the filler in the slats drop out when the 1/4 flex's? a friend of mine done something similar on a nova on his boot lid..

walters300
11-08-2009, 15:34
very good point and correct thats why i used fibre glass, and its essential the slats are ground down to fibre for maximum grip, doing it this way ensures it will not crack or distort, very difficult to rub down though !