PDA

View Full Version : questionssss!

measor
13-07-2005, 17:06
what sort of williams clio can i expect to get for £2 - 2.5 k??
series 1, 2 or 3?
as a 19 year old with 0 years no claims bonus, who will insure me??
thanks

Willyhybrid
13-07-2005, 17:08
Well I'm kind of in the same boat as you mate but I'd suggest you look for a willified valver for cheaper insurance and with regard to the price I would think you're not gonna get a good willy for that sort of mark! 8)

Rich
13-07-2005, 17:09
wont get a good willy or insured imo mate! try bell.co.uk though mate as they were good for me!

Enid
13-07-2005, 17:10
For 2-2.5k you could a 1,2 or 3, however the chances of you finding a mint one are very slim. As for insurence, you might stuggle. I'm sure you would get insured but 2k + possibly?

Jan
13-07-2005, 17:12
A decent williams costs around 3.5k

Martin
13-07-2005, 17:14
aye 2.5k will only buy you a money pit williams imo.

Jan
13-07-2005, 17:20
lol - i remember when i was seriously considering coming up to have a look at yours Martin!

measor
13-07-2005, 17:21
yeh thats what i was worryin about, although iv seen good ones go 4 around 2k on ebay, jus managed 2 get a quote from elephant for £1500 tpft which is better than was expectin!

Enid
13-07-2005, 17:23
If I were you i'd probably set my sights a little lower and build up some no-claims first. But i'm not you so i'll shut up lol.

Martin
13-07-2005, 17:24
lol - i remember when i was seriously considering coming up to have a look at yours Martin!

mine was a steal at 2700...I spent £15,000 including buying it.. :shock: :( ...now your making a replica! :wink:

Jan
13-07-2005, 17:28
haha - yea, trying very hard not to get carried away!

measor
13-07-2005, 17:30
yeh i was lookin at a 16valver but it just seems like im choosin second best 2 the williams which iv wanted 4 as long as i can remember, i have got a years no claims bonus but thats on me old mans insurance.

Jan
13-07-2005, 17:32
If you're just a named driver, it doesn't count as no-claims unfortunately

J o n
13-07-2005, 17:34
i spent 5k on buying mine and a year and a half later it's stood me at 14k before any modding... you will only get a shitter for that price to be honest mate, a Williams engine Valver goes for about £3-4k so expect to pay £4k upwards for a decent Williams, anthing else will be 'worn' imo.

Jamie.
13-07-2005, 21:04
maybe u should do the pass plus? u can do it within 2yrs of passing ur test and will cost u about £200 and will give u a years no-claims.....may well be worth it.
id always wanted a williams too, took me a few years to be able to get "realistic" insurance, and i was too unhappy about getting a 16v but tbh there isnt a massive difference and u can make u the speed gap very easily. alot of people on here have hybrids and at the end of the day its all about driving fun.....the real difference between the two is the wide track which makes a massive difference and the much greater low down pull of a willy. it depends on how aggresivley u drive, and i for one dont so having a valver would make little difference. the only thing i love abt it is the "snob" factor in effect of being able to say ive got a williams.
however i think with ur price racket u should throw in the towel as within months u will need to spend a fortune on it and that will ruine the experienc of owning it. but at ur age being able to consider getting a car like a williams.....u should count urself very lucky, i was 21 when i finally got mine.
good luck with whatever decsion u make.

Mattie
14-07-2005, 14:00
im in EXACTLY the same boat as u m8.....( bit of an essay cumin on ere folks :roll: lol )

iv had my willy2 for bout a month now....paid 3k for it wiv 70 on the clock...so far iv spent bout 600 repairin mainly exhuast systm (dectd) and water pump n cam belt!

as for insurenece cheepest i got fully comp on my own was around 4k :shock: dearest i got on my own FC was 9k....lmao now thats just stupid!

ne way i stayd on my dads insurence which i got for 2600 wiv nrly 2 yrs no claims :shock: which is still stupid but im willin 2 pay if it means keepin my willy 2 :)

u prob wana cum off ur dads as i did but in this case id stay on it m8 cuz it will save u loads! plus youl need the money u save on insurence just in case you need 2 repair anythin like me cuz it can be quite expensive!

im insured with CIS, the policy is the 1 where my dads the main driver and ANY1 can drive it as a 2nd driver, which 4 sum reason was cheeper then having me named as a 2nd driver where no1 else but me wud have been able 2 drive it!

hope thats been of sum help!

measor
14-07-2005, 17:30
nice one, thats been of great help, i was very happy with buying a 16 valver as i understand i can pick a good 1 up 4 around 2k and the plan was 2 buy a williams when i finish uni, im just 2 impatient and wanted to get 1 straight away.

how much does a widetrack cost and easy it easy 2 fit? considerin il hav the help of me uncle whos a mechanic?

cheers 4 ya help, much appreciated