PDA

View Full Version : pas pipe leak

webby
04-08-2009, 17:17
after hearing a heavy whine from the PAS i looked under the bonnet and noticed a leak which turned into a spray when under pressure. popped the alternator off to source the problem and was welcomed to the leak. here:
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/minimania10/leak.jpg

i removed the pipe from the block popped some sealent tape onto it and after popping it back on i realised its not leaking from the thread its from where the pipe enters the fixing nut. here:
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/minimania10/leak2.jpg

is this a common problem?
is it an easy fix?
and finally, if it is an easy fix what parts do i need?

cheers, will

MatBrown
04-08-2009, 17:37
Yeah, fairly common.
Just need to replace the pipe.

Mat.

webby
04-08-2009, 17:41
Yeah, fairly common.
Just need to replace the pipe.

Mat.

available from any perticualr company or is renault my best bet?

cheers, will

MatBrown
04-08-2009, 19:02
Yeah, Renault is your best bet but they might be expensive from there, could always try 2nd hand.

Mat.

webby
04-08-2009, 19:28
Yeah, Renault is your best bet but they might be expensive from there, could always try 2nd hand.

Mat.

haha is that a hint that u may have 1?? i think it may be something to do with the small rubber washer so im replacing it tomorrow. have already removed it fully and cleaned it up really well. i will be in touch if it still leaks mat. cheers mate, will

MatBrown
04-08-2009, 19:31
I might have one.
Check for hairline cracks.

Mat.

webby
04-08-2009, 19:59
where would these crachs apear ? in the fixing nut or in the pipe around the collar?

webby
04-08-2009, 20:24
right, it has a hair line crack around the collar that the locking nut pushes up to. i shall get myself to the scrap yard tomorrow morning for a 2nd hand 1. are they on all PAS clio's?

cheers, will

Laine_16v
04-08-2009, 21:09
right, it has a hair line crack around the collar that the locking nut pushes up to. i shall get myself to the scrap yard tomorrow morning for a 2nd hand 1. are they on all PAS clio's?

cheers, will

Nope its valver specific, and even then there are about 3 types of PAS pipe setups on the valvers.

Good luck finding one in a scrap yard :lol: :lol:

webby
04-08-2009, 21:40

cheers, will

Nope its valver specific, and even then there are about 3 types of PAS pipe setups on the valvers.

Good luck finding one in a scrap yard :lol: :lol:

bugger!!!!! any chance u have 1 mat?? lol cheers, will

flash
04-08-2009, 22:58
this will be fun driving around trying to find one..
more than likely in the pissing rain

cliokiz
05-08-2009, 12:42
I've got one depending what length you need. There's three different lengths of that pipe available.

My mate had EXACTLY the same problem. His pipe split so he replaced with another pipe, which leaked from the collar, the same as yours.

We took it all apart about 3 times and re-sealed it with new seals from Renault, silicone sealant, you name it, and it STILL leaked. Weirdest thing was, we got the Pipe from Mat from a car he was stripping and the pipe didn't leak on that car at all, so there wasn't actually anything wrong with the pipe.

Very strange...

In the end, we got a new pipe from Renault (£60ish), which solved the problem.

webby
05-08-2009, 12:48
only just realised its goin to be a willy part as its a 2 ltr angine. :?

cliokiz
05-08-2009, 17:37
Post up a picture of the length of the pipe (where it terminates), i might have a pipe that will work.

webby
05-08-2009, 17:52
i have a picture in the wanted section m8.