PDA

View Full Version : power window wiring help

phantome46
31-07-2009, 23:06
I have just started to take out my power window switches and change them for touch sensitive ones.

Changed the drivers window fine - straight swap.

Got to passenger side control (drivers side and noticed that in the wiring loom i have a yellow power wire and then another yellow power wire which loops round to another terminal?

I did not bother to connect this loop when i changed the switches. Still seemed to have control of the passenger window?

When I have gone to change the passenger side - i do not seem to have a 12v wire? and now i have no control of the the passengers window from that side or from the drivers side?

Any ideas what I have missed?

Wobba
01-08-2009, 07:40
My drivers side button has the looped yellow wire too. It looks wrong but is needed I think.

busterhymes
01-08-2009, 09:03
interested in whether changing the switches cures the age old prob of the slow passenger side window pls post what ur results are :)

phantome46
01-08-2009, 12:09
does anyone know what the loop does? it only loops a 12v power wire into the switch, so can't see how this provides power to the passenegr side loom?

once I have cracked it I will let you know about the slow passenger side?

Thanks

cliokiz
03-08-2009, 21:59
The passenger side window will not work if the switches aren't connected on the drivers side.

So something it looping the power from the drivers side to the passenger side, or something daft like that.

Justin..
03-08-2009, 22:05
doh! wondered why my passenger window wouldnt work