PDA

View Full Version : Clio 1.2 'R' plate - Ideal track car

cliokiz
30-07-2009, 13:01
Thought i'd put this up for sale to see if there is any interest as it'd be awesome if it was sold to somebody in the club.

I acquired this car from a friends garage at the beginning of the year after being sat for around 5 years with a snapped cambelt. The engine was repaired, valves replaced, new headgasket, new cambelt, and then the car ended up with me as the guy lost interest in it.

Since then, i drove the car around for about 5 months before the bottom end on the engine decided to start knocking. The car still runs but the knocking is really quite loud, so obviously the engine needs replacing.

I've got a replacement 1.2 D7F engine sat in the garage waiting to replace the knackered engine. I removed this from a friends car that ran perfectly fine, but was scrapped due to rot.

The idea was to replace the engine and sell to someone as a first car, as it'd be ideal for that, however lack of time and space means ideally i'd like to sell it on quickly.

Good points:
Manual steering - great for fast road/track use
Sealed rear windows
Manual non leaking sunroof (windy handle, not pop out)
Sills are solid as a rock, as are arches.
Bodywork in very good condition

Bad points:
Slight scrape on rear quarter (just behind fuel cap), which has a little surface rust as paint chipped off
Knocking engine (of course)

Other than that, the car would make a great little track weapon if the engine was ripped out and replaced with a valver engine or another engine of your choosing. Also the head, gearbox, starter motor, alternator etc could easily be sold on eBay to make some money back, which was my plan. Gearbox is in perfect condition, no crunches or whines in the slightest, very smooth.

Alternatively, if you wanted to buy the car PLUS the replacement engine to fix it and sell it on, i would consider this also.

Price for the car by itself, £400 ONO

Price for the car with spare engine, £600 ONO

I have the V5 document for the car in my name, tax has just run out at the end of the month. Passed an MOT without any advisories at the start of the year, and the MOTer said the underside was in fantastic condition for the age.

I have two keys for the car, one fob and one standard key. Central locking and immobiliser both work fine.

I've personally put a lot of work into this car, one of the front brakes was binding quite badly so this was taken off and cleaned up and it is now fine. Also both front wheel bearings have been replaced.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/cliokiz/Project%20DFB/DSC00153.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/cliokiz/Project%20DFB/SUC30028.jpg

Faded red/orange bonnet has since been scrapped and replaced with a perfect condition red bonnet from another car. Turbines not included.

Thanks.

cliokiz
04-08-2009, 13:52
bump