PDA

View Full Version : How fast should TPS react ?

Cableguy
29-07-2009, 11:51
Right , when my TPS is plugged in the car kangaroos and holds back then shoots off like a rocket.

Unplugged it runs fine but idles high.

I tested the resistance and its 2.2k at closed and 6.2k at WOT. However if i snap the throttle open it takes a couple of seconds for the sensor to adjust the resistance. Is this normal ?

Ive read on here the idle screw should be rotated fully clockwise , which should make adjustment of the TPS easy , let car warm up then adjust it till its at roughly 1k , ive done this and its still a no go.

One last thing , no matter where i position the sensor on the lugs , its always slightly pushed even if its backed right off , is that normal ?

Cheers guys.

cliokiz
29-07-2009, 16:45
Yeah that's normal.

Not sure why it's hesitating, but it might not be anything to do with that sensor.

Have you checked the obvious things like CTS, Lambda, etc?

Cableguy
29-07-2009, 16:50
Trouble is it only holds back and kangaroos when this is plugged in , unplug it and it runs fine but idles high.

Is it possible that unplugging it is hightlighting a problem with another sensor ?

Checked CTS , not checked lambda as i dont have a meter that switches fast enough :(

Might put a wanted ad up for a known working one :)

cliokiz
29-07-2009, 16:51
Common symptoms of a lambda failure is a lumpy idle and hesitation from cold.

High idle can sometimes be caused by a knackered idle speed control valve, an air leak, or a dodgy earth on the road speed sensor behind the clocks. Thats only usually after a spirited drive though.