PDA

View Full Version : Still Losing coolant

Swervin_Mervin
13-07-2005, 10:43
Where the fvck can it be going?

Can't see any signs of a leak, and there's no mayo in the cap.

Anything else I should be looking for?

clowo16v
13-07-2005, 11:50
I was losing coolant from the hose going from the water bottle to that big union thing nearside of the head. Just stick some radweld in and see wat happens.

See ya

Matt

katbloke
13-07-2005, 11:53
Well put a pressure tester on the system and run the car till its hot the mixture of heat and pressure will show up any leaks, check any pipework in those hard to see areas some antifreezes etc may stain the engine at the point of leak when it comes into contact with heat and therefore a discoloration may be seen pinpointing a source of leek, also if there are any air locks try running car with expansion cap off, squeeze all pipes including heater matrix ones and check they are hot might need to have heater on full heat to help with a system bleed, are your carpets wet inside the car, could it be the heater matrix.

Swervin_Mervin
13-07-2005, 11:56
No wet carpets. I did wonder whether the matrix may have finally rusted through, since it's never worked.

There's already coolant stains everywhere in the bay from before I had it. It's off tot he garage next thursday for another checkup. Going to do a few more check tonight myself like.

Will get a new header tank cap, and also will check for bubbles in the tank when it's running.