PDA

View Full Version : Dammit. Got pulled over by an undercover : (

GabrielKnight
27-07-2009, 17:36
Got pulled over by an undercover cop on the M1 this afternoon. I was just starting to accelerate out of the end of a 50mph average speed camera zone when the hidden lights came on and I pulled into hard shoulder.

Woman cop got out of car asking why I didn't have belt on. I explained I always do but not for that trip cos weight of boxes in back was pulling my harness back. She wrote me a £60 ticket, no endorsements, thank God.

In some ways I'm relived, in other ways pissed off.

I'm relieved because she said that she had been following me since I tailgated a white Astra 7 miles back (b4 the 50mph zone). True I hadn't slammed on the brakes when the Astra pulled out in front of me to pass a 70mph car at 72mph in the fast lane.

The odd thing is that I was then travelling at speeds up to 95mph until the 50mph zone, and she had all the recording equipment in car when following me. Yet all she said was "you need to wear a seatbelt when travelling at those sorts of speeds!"

I'm pissed off because after I'd already given the excuse for not wearing the belt (which was incedently true - I normally wear one) I noticed from inside the cop car that there's no way she could have been able to tell from behind with my harnesses. I've since tried it out with a mate standing behind my Willy and there's no way he could tell that I was putting the harness on. So £60 wasted.

DaneC
27-07-2009, 18:17
Its actually impressed me that she didn't full you over at 95, undercovers' that stop people for speeding piss me right off. Can't see how weight of the boxes in the back is a good excuse for not wearing a belt though.

GabrielKnight
27-07-2009, 18:20
They were on top of the harnesses so making them shorter. I didn't say it was a good excuse, but I they were pulling me right back to the degree I could barely move my head.

16v_paddy
27-07-2009, 18:56
You should have got out the car and pointed at the harnesses :roll:

I've read lots of stories of people with harnesses being pulled, the copper will be able to see if the seatbelt is not on because of where it's mounted & where it goes, if they can't see the belt coming down from the B pillar chances are you'll be stopped for it. At that point you point out that you're not wearing a belt because you have a harness and that you was wearing it & you'll be let on your way. You could have got away with that so easy, nevermind at least you'll know better next time :lol:

It's if they pull up next to you & you're not wearing the harness, they'll see & you'll get done

What stretch of the M1 was it & more importantly, what car? Make, model, colour, reg? So the rest of us know what cars to look out for when we want to have a play :wink:

FAO Everyone: the plod on the M6 from Stoke On Trent up to about the Liverpool area are (not sure about south of there so be wary anyway) using unmarked BMW 1 Series Coupes to catch folk :wink:

Wobba
27-07-2009, 19:19
£60 is nothing, you got off lightly.

schakal
27-07-2009, 19:28
she probably fancied you , did you get her number ?? :D

GabrielKnight
27-07-2009, 19:32
Too old. She must have been 30ish. [-X

webby
27-07-2009, 19:34

bloody hell mate whats wrong??? 30 is prime!!!! and im 21

16v_paddy
27-07-2009, 20:04

bloody hell mate whats wrong??? 30 is prime!!!! and im 21

:imwithstupidup: I knew this little gem of info when I was 16 :wink: Missed a golden opportunity & you're £60 down, thats 1 hell of shitty run of bad luck for 1 day mate :shock:

But if she was actually a dirty great big butch dyke I'll take it back :lol:

webby
27-07-2009, 20:06
now now paddy, nothin wrong with a bit of butch every so often. a lil bit of "looking after" is allowed sometimes, imo of course :lol:

16v_paddy
27-07-2009, 20:37
now now paddy, nothin wrong with a bit of butch every so often. a lil bit of "looking after" is allowed sometimes, imo of course :lol:

Now hold on a minute [-X I'd rather have a go on my housemate chris than a butch bird :gay:

Now if we're talkin about curvy ladies I'm all for it :twisted: my man Freddie Mercury had it right "fat bottomed girls make the rockin world go round" :wink:

GabrielKnight
27-07-2009, 20:44
16 -20 for me. :pompom: :droool:

Female preferably. And 100% non butch, wtf.

16v_paddy
27-07-2009, 20:49
Nowt wrong with that mate it's hard to beat some action from a 19 year old, but seriously you need some 30+ action in your life :preverted: don't knock it till you've tried it, it's all about the quality on offer from the more experienced :wink:

GabrielKnight
27-07-2009, 21:21
Each to their own, but I've never been charged £60 by an 18 year old...
I rest my case. :winkey:

16v_paddy
27-07-2009, 21:22
Each to their own, but I've never been charged £60 by an 18 year old...
I rest my case. :winkey:

:rotflmao:

cliopete
28-07-2009, 18:34
Hang on a minute you youngsters, I've got two daughters @30yo and 28yo and one is a member of this illustrious club :) :)

Pete

webby
28-07-2009, 19:02
Hang on a minute you youngsters, I've got two daughters @30yo and 28yo and one is a member of this illustrious club :) :)

Pete

account name please? 8) :lol:

bendee
28-07-2009, 19:25

fat girls need love to, but they gotta pay.

16v_paddy
28-07-2009, 20:17

fat girls need love to, but they gotta pay.

I wasn't on about fat girls, just the big butch lookin fcukers :? the sort that look less feminine than some blokes meat & 2 veg :puke:

Matty86
28-07-2009, 22:24
so you didn't have a belt or harnesses on and you got fined?

flash
29-07-2009, 01:01

Pete

your gettin as bad as paddy you are will haha

infact.. no.. paddy is the master of pervertion :shock:

16v_paddy
29-07-2009, 04:00

Pete

your gettin as bad as paddy you are will haha

infact.. no.. paddy is the master of pervertion :shock:

I do believe the word you're after is perversion :P :wink:

Purple
29-07-2009, 10:53
Getting cited for a lesser offence while speeding - you should be thanking my lucky stars. Maybe the copper was full up on her major offences quota, and just making up the numbers for the minors ones before calling it a day.

flash
29-07-2009, 14:24
alright smart arse ;)