PDA

View Full Version : electric windows probs, MRK 1

MaLicE
12-07-2005, 22:43
ok windows been broked for a year or maybee more lol

ne way decided to fix it today, when they started going wrong if i slammed the door they worked... and then they died alltogether....

ne way time to fix them... took the rails out, and cleaned and re greased... conencted direct to battery and they worked fine, stuck the rails back in connected windows, hit switch and nothing... thought switches were dead but checked them and they work.... i get a voltage to the connector for the motor but they do nothing, dont attempt to move at all...

ne way any ideas before i go ripping the lot out and going crazy ??? where is the relay for them ?? fuses are all alive still... i just cant work it out... any ideas ?

Slithers
12-07-2005, 23:11
Ropey window motor?

MaLicE
13-07-2005, 00:34
motor is fine, connected it to the battery works fine and shoots the spring/rail about 20 foot across the road as i found out... :oops: :oops:

BenR
13-07-2005, 00:37
try another switch, i know you checked it, but they are really bad on old clios.

MaLicE
13-07-2005, 01:54
try another switch, i know you checked it, but they are really bad on old clios.

will do i took my switches and put them on lunners car both worked and put his on mine... nuffin... gonna clean the connectors as they have black tack in them :(

gonna take pass side out, and see if the work off the switches without the window conencted... just incase they are jamming it or somthing stupid ...

is there a relay for them ? if so where lol....

Lunner
15-07-2005, 17:40
**** knows what hes doing, there is volateg going to the connector that plugs into the motor when the switch is pressed....12 volts, and he assures me that when they mechanism is out of the ca4r anfd connected to the better it works fine, so i'm ****ing stumped

Lunner
15-07-2005, 18:25
You know what it was....4 witres in his loom had 'broken' :roll:

MaLicE
15-07-2005, 21:15
lol they had, they looked like they were cut, 2 main power cables to windows and 2 earths... all i had was a sodding tiny 10watt soldering iron was in garage and tiniest bit of wind made it cold lol, dont know how long the solder joints will hold lol, but they working for now :D