PDA

View Full Version : Smokey...

1995clio16v
23-07-2009, 20:11
Firstly yes I know its a clio forum, but another question about the mondeo. Last one fyi.

Im posting on the ford mondeo forum, but they dont seem to be as knowledgeable on there as you guys on here. They dont seem to know owt!

Its 1.8 Duratec HE 2001.

Ive changed the valve stem oil seals and finally went to get all fired up tonight.

Got it fired up, and **** me, smoke, youve never seen anything like it. Blue, thick smoke. 10 times worse than it was before the seals were done. Infact Id go as far to seriously say 50 times worse. I couldnt take that out for a drive to see if it would clear. Cant understand why it would be worse.

Only thing we can think is piston rings, but motor factors or ford dont sell these. The chap said at motorfactors, there's no chance it would be the rings....

Any ideas? Surely this is the only thing it could be now?

Losing patience with this now. 2 weeks work and no sign of a result and seems all for nowt. Its for the scrap if I cant get anymore answers from it in next week.

Cheers
:twisted:

Allan
23-07-2009, 22:16
how long did you run it ? might just be you had a lot of oil that needs burning off before it clears...

have you tried giving it some time to clear out ?

1995clio16v
23-07-2009, 23:41
10mins stationary.

It didnt smoke at 1st (started it up in position its been for 2 weeks). Then moved it to end of drive and its gone crazy.

Went to pull it off the drive to take it for a spin but just started pouring out. Now on every start up it just pours out.

Smokey McPot
24-07-2009, 07:50
Damnit. I thought you wanted my mechanical advice.

1995clio16v
24-07-2009, 09:05
Damnit. I thought you wanted my mechanical advice.

Lol Smokey! I see where your coming from! :P

On tick over colour of smoke changes between pure blue and pure white, sometimes faint, other times thick, very thick smoke (as thick as a steam train on the white colours), so thick you cant see past it....

katbloke
24-07-2009, 10:33
head gasket?

col
24-07-2009, 18:46
Yea agree with katbloke ,headjob oil goin down exhaust poss.........bit like the r5 with turbo oil leak :cry:

1995clio16v
25-07-2009, 13:03
head gasket?

:lol:

Right, think I may be getting somewhere now.

The breather hose from the rocker to airbox, the pipe has mayo in it.

Also removed the oil seperator this morning from the front of the crankcase. Theres a lot of mayo in there. Looks fresh too.

Theres none in cylinder head...''yet''

Here's my question.

When I put the new gasket on the bottom end between cyclinder head, I didnt use any silicone sealant. The haynes manual didnt mention this, and me step dad said he's never put any on when replacing gasket.

Yes, I torqued the head bolts up properly, so cant be this.

There was no oil in the breather pipe before we started the job, but couldnt comment on the oil separator, never took it off. To be honest, there looks like some old dry mayo in the oil separator too from a bit back maybe.

Would you guys always put sealant on or not? Im thinking maybe this has caused the problem....

:(

1995clio16v
25-07-2009, 13:04
Oil on spark plug 1/2/3 too

:(

col
25-07-2009, 18:42
Sounds like rings or valve guides if plugs are oily, happened to me on a F3p keot oilin no3 cyl ,was duff rings

you put sealant on your head gasket? hope you didnt. what mileage has it done?

col
25-07-2009, 18:49
Ive reread what you said, yea you dont put sealant on headgasket,did you make sure the surfaces were clean,an did you chck the head was flat an did you follow the haynes manual for torque down procedure?

wrighty
26-07-2009, 09:31
Ive reread what you said, yea you dont put sealant on headgasket,did you make sure the surfaces were clean,an did you chck the head was flat an did you follow the haynes manual for torque down procedure?

I would get the head checked to see if it may need skimming