PDA

View Full Version : Clutch virgin needs advice

DD williams 3
22-07-2009, 20:16
Hi I bought my Willy 3 with clutch probs and having spent every last penny I had on the car I am going to have a go at fitting it myself :? . Ive bought a valeo clutch and gen cable. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

cliokiz
22-07-2009, 20:20
Take the engine out :wink:

DD williams 3
22-07-2009, 20:32
No can do havent got a hoist. Is it hard to do from underneath?
Thanks

number1
22-07-2009, 21:11
Subframe needs to come down on one side or remove it completley, Remove mounts exhaust downpipe etc Disconnect the Steering Rack from the subframe and leave that in place, Piece of cake to Take the Gearbox out then,

You can do it where you lower The subframe slightly, Unbolt Gearbox and slide it over on the subframe which gives access to the Clutch, Make Sure to Replace the Clutch pivot bush while your in there,

Its not Really hard, just time Consuming if its the first time youve done a Clio gearbox, If you dont have access to a ramp and only have axle stands only lift the Car high enough so that you can comfortably lift the Box back in place

Dave

2 live
22-07-2009, 23:36
drop the subframe off completely 1 side, loosen the other, strut off, then u can get the box out between the subby and inner wing. i find it easier haulin it into position from above tbh.

DD williams 3
22-07-2009, 23:53
Ok thanks so far that helps alot. Do I need to unbolt the engine from its mounts and if so what supports the engine?
Nice 1!