PDA

View Full Version : anyone running omex on their mk1....

geesus
15-07-2009, 10:18
what guages (if any) on the mk1 clocks can the omex run? i'm talking rev counter, oil temp. water temp etc

or will it not run any? (good excuse for an aftermarket dash? :wink: like this http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html )

AndyFielder
15-07-2009, 11:40
omex doesnt control any of that, it has its own sensors, independent of the renault stuff, as does the standard car.

so you keep the renault dials standard, all runs fine!

Extras im fitting are shift light and clutch sensor, for full throttle gear shifting, will also fit abs rings for launch control at some point.

stan
15-07-2009, 11:51
:?

It feeds the original tacho.

Coolant temp is taken from OE sensor, as is oil temp/pressure etc.

Andy why are you fitting flat shift when you have a syncromeshed gearbox?

Those Race-Technology dashes are a nice bit of kit, ive just fitted one for a kit car, and have one for my clio race car.
If you are going to get one of thos,e you can buy an interface which attaches with the serial output on the ecu, and that signals the dash directly.
Makes it a very neat install.

geesus
15-07-2009, 12:53
right the problem i have is that i have done the 172 conversion

so i don't have any of the original valver sensors for oil temp/pressure water temp etc plumbed in

i was sort of wishfully thinking that the omex would maybe have some auxiliary inputs/outputs for these?

i can see the omex has a coolant temp sensor input, can i use this to run the temp gauge (thats a long shot i know) or at least the coolant temp warning light?

AndyFielder
15-07-2009, 13:49
im sure you can just wire it in parallel to the dial, it just measures the voltage accross the sensor wires doesnt it?

geesus
15-07-2009, 15:06
im sure you can just wire it in parallel to the dial, it just measures the voltage accross the sensor wires doesnt it?

do you think it's that simple? i hope it is!

Beaniemoo
15-07-2009, 19:27
Ring me when you get a mo and i'll run you through what we're doing which might help

Beaniemoo
15-07-2009, 19:28
Ring me when you get a mo and i'll run you through what we're doing which might help

Matty86
15-07-2009, 20:05
should be easy to do tbh

you'll end up with a similar situation to me

mk1 sensors spliced into your 'new' loom and your new ecu controlling your rev counter

as said, ecu controls only the rev counter.

oil pressure is a standalone sensor
oil temp/pressure is a standalone sensor
speedo is off the gearbox anyway
petrol is off the fuel tank
coolant temp gauge + light is a standalone sensor
oil pressure light/alternator light/handbrake light are all independent again