PDA

View Full Version : Kwik fit 'brakes for life'?

GabrielKnight
11-07-2009, 20:26
http://www.kwik-fit.com/free-brake-check.asp

Presumably as Willys have uprated brakes as standard, they would have to fit / replace something similar to make the car safe?

Considering the company, it's obviously some sort of con to be able to offer to keep brakes good for as long as you own the car, but I'm too :drunk: to work out how it works. Do they have their own manufacturers who make some everlasting / ultra cheap brake gear that fits just within minimum requirements? :-k

Justin..
11-07-2009, 20:41
they can only put like for like on? they would only do it for standard brakes

GabrielKnight
11-07-2009, 21:35
Standard Clio :gay: or standard Williams :excited: ?

toddjnr
11-07-2009, 22:00
if they fit pads or shoes they are guarantee,d for as long as you own the car,discs come with a 12month or 12,000 mile warranty aswell,they get there pads etc through unipart normally,only reason i know all this is im a supervisor for them :oops:

GabrielKnight
11-07-2009, 22:27
if they fit pads or shoes they are guarantee,d for as long as you own the car,discs come with a 12month or 12,000 mile warranty aswell,they get there pads etc through unipart normally,only reason i know all this is im a supervisor for them :oops:

1. So what is your opinion of the offer?

2. Would you use them for your brakes on your own Williams?

3, Do the Unipart parts they offer meet the requiements for a) being 'standard' and b) being of quality?

4. What is the standard of the brakes compared to what Renault would have provided? Compared to uprated?

To be fair Kwikfit seem to be dreadful or not half bad depending on the station.

I gave an hour to researching the bad reviews on the net (bad reviews get more reported than good ones) and some of them were abysmal. At the same time, I've been to a Kwikfit in W Yorks 3 times with my 1.2 Clio and got a really professional experience each time. MOT really fair. Fallen off middle section of exhaust quoted £110, fitted for £90 with 2 / 3 year guarantee!

So, swings and roundabouts,

toddjnr
12-07-2009, 08:01

1. So what is your opinion of the offer?

2. Would you use them for your brakes on your own Williams?

3, Do the Unipart parts they offer meet the requiements for a) being 'standard' and b) being of quality?

4. What is the standard of the brakes compared to what Renault would have provided? Compared to uprated?
1.if you plan to keep your car for a long time its a good offer,but if we only do the pads we will have to do your discs the next time aswell :wink:
2.i allready have them on my williams.
3.the pads etc that unipart use are the same as you would find in most motor parts places.
4.i would say the standard is pretty much the same as what renault would have provided but not as good as uprated ones.